• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Cuts 8-24

Jeremy Igo

It's no secret we still need a number 2 WR. I really wish DG would've addressed this is one of the deepest WR drafts of all time.

Cotchery and Avant are being set up to disappoint. Both these guys are situational type WR's. Cotchery is a nice slot option in the redzone and Avant is a nice 3rd down option. Instead they are asking Cotchery to line up on the other side of Benji and Avant to be the slot.

When the Panthers go three wide Avant lines up on the outside and Cotchery plays in the slot. In fact the Panthers have been putting Cotchery next to Kelvin with two TEs on the other side of the formation a lot. 

I would not start two rookie WRs any sooner then I'd start a Rookie and Bersin (whom has never played in the regular season). Cotchery and Avant are going to do their job. We aren't the greatest show on turf anyways.

When the Panthers go three wide Avant lines up on the outside and Cotchery plays in the slot. In fact the Panthers have been putting Cotchery next to Kelvin with two TEs on the other side of the formation a lot.

I would not start two rookie WRs any sooner then I'd start a Rookie and Bersin (whom has never played in the regular season). Cotchery and Avant are going to do their job. We aren't the greatest show on turf anyways.

I honestly rather have Bersin start at this point. Bersin has been praised for his route running and hands. That's kind of why they brought in the vets. I like Bersin's size and he's made some nice catches this preseason. I really wish they'd give him a shot to start.

Not a Bersin fan or just want some experience on the field?

Archived