• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Cuts 8-24

Jeremy Igo

I just don't think Avant, Cotchery, or Dickson are very good.

I actually have hope for Dickson. Should get his chance with Benji and Olsen commanding most of the D's attention.

I'm with you on Cotchery an Avant. Cotchery is a number 3 at best being asked to be a number 2. They are asking too much out of him.

I actually have hope for Dickson. Should get his chance with Benji and Olsen commanding most of the D's attention.

I'm with you on Cotchery an Avant. Cotchery is a number 3 at best being asked to be a number 2. They are asking too much out of him.

Dickson at least has shown something here and there. He doesn't really have the pressure on him that Cotchery and Avant have. 

Right, but they don't have to catch a ton to be effective. We're talking about 3rd and 4th receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

the entire team is made up of "3rd and 4th" WRs. Olsen is going to get a lot of targets but he looks like one of the slowest TEs in the NFL. 

Dickson at least has shown something here and there. He doesn't really have the pressure on him that Cotchery and Avant have.

It's no secret we still need a number 2 WR. I really wish DG would've addressed this is one of the deepest WR drafts of all time.

Cotchery and Avant are being set up to disappoint. Both these guys are situational type WR's. Cotchery is a nice slot option in the redzone and Avant is a nice 3rd down option. Instead they are asking Cotchery to line up on the other side of Benji and Avant to be the slot.

It's no secret we still need a number 2 WR. I really wish DG would've addressed this is one of the deepest WR drafts of all time.

Cotchery and Avant are being set up to disappoint. Both these guys are situational type WR's. Cotchery is a nice slot option in the redzone and Avant is a nice 3rd down option. Instead they are asking Cotchery to line up on the other side of Benji and Avant to be the slot.

Yup. Loved the value we got from Ealy and Turner fit a need...but I still think they could have got aggressive got another one. 

Im not sure what case youre trying to make here so I think Id like to ask you for some clarity. Do you think Avant and Cotchery are bad/subpar receivers? Do you think that because you are watching them on the field with your eyeballs? or is there some other reason you think you have proof?

What is the most defining flaw that proves your point? Can you show me in what way they are is bad? Is it separation, bad hands, lost when they run routes? I would like to hear you explain it in greater detail.

Im really not trying to poke at you, Im genuinely curious what you have to say.

Archived