• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I contended Deangelo is the 3rd best RB on the team

Jeremy Igo

And stew broke 3 tackles to get 7 or 8 yards on one carry. When is the last time dlo did that.

Dlo is a big playmaker in space. Unfortunately we don't have the oline for that. We need consistent play. It's the reason barner isn't here anymore

Can't be consistent when you aren't on the field.

Dwill is #1 or #2. We do this silly argument every year and DWill finds a way to end up with better stats.

Having said that I would kind of prefer that somebody gets 20+ carries a game. Don't really care who it is.

Stats are only important in a vacuum. If I was to say cam is a shitty qb because in the saints and dolphins game he threw for less than or about 200 yards it doesn't paint the entire picture. Does it. We need a rb who can give this team the best opportunities to minimize 3rd and long. That is stew when healthy. And that is stew right now from the eye test.

And stew broke 3 tackles to get 7 or 8 yards on one carry. When is the last time dlo did that.

Dlo is a big playmaker in space. Unfortunately we don't have the oline for that. We need consistent play. It's the reason barner isn't here anymore

To be fair, even with the Eagles, who are awesome at getting players in space, Barner looked like he just isn't ready for the NFL.

In 2011 with him starting he had close to 1400 total yards and that's with cam running for almost 800.

Actually in 2011 Stew had 1174 yards from scrimmage that year, DWill had 971 yards from scrimmage.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StewJo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillDe02.htm

Our Oline was infinitely better.

To be fair, even with the Eagles, who are awesome at getting players in space, Barner looked like he just isn't ready for the NFL.

I thought he did pretty well for just jumping off a plane and playing a game with a new team.

Dwill just doesn't fit what we do. If we can get defenses to open up, throw him in there because he's a homerum threat. But just from preseason stew needs to be our main rusher with splashes of Tolbert and dlo

Actually in 2011 Stew had 1174 yards from scrimmage that year, DWill had 971 yards from scrimmage.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StewJo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillDe02.htm

Our Oline was infinitely better.

Yup you're right. And I don't know why you added oline was infinitely better considering what we've seen when the oline hasn't been good. Stews physicality makes him the better option.

I want stew in there to give us better 3rd downs. Dwill didn't get it done last year and he's a year older. Stew is more physically imposing. I want dwill on more change of pace type plays. Because him running into brick walls, although not his fault, is not getting us into better 3rd down scenarios. I want what's best for the team

Riddle me this, if we need running backs like stew and Tolbert for our scheme why are we drafting d will prototype rbs,

Bottom line I think they should split carries, neither is significantly better then the other to warrant who gets the start

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I would have to see him do it in a full time roll

For sure but do you think dwill is gonna get it done right now? From what we've seen stew seems to be the better option, at this point. Only way to see is to feed the beast because we did that last year for dwill with very poor results. Dwill is amazing in certain situations and god awful in others ( and yes that has mostly to do with the oline)

Riddle me this, if we need running backs like stew and Tolbert for our scheme why are we drafting d will prototype rbs,

Bottom line I think they should split carries, neither is significantly better then the other to warrant who gets the start

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The only RB Gettleman drafted is Barner, who is nothing like DWill. So, I'm not sure what you mean.

EDIT: and Gaffney, who is nothing like DWill.

Archived