• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I contended Deangelo is the 3rd best RB on the team

Jeremy Igo

Stats don't tell the whole story. Fred was splitting with CJ Spiller and still managed about 900 yards and 9 touchdowns. Jordan Gross was not prevalent in the run game last year. We had one elite interior lineman in Kalil and the other two were crap be it Scott or Chandler or whoever was in at any given time. DeAngelo had huge long screen passes for TDs and big runs that contributed to wins like against the Niners and Saints. He still had it last year and still does this year. Way better than Fozzy.

Fozzy had a chance in Cleveland and made absolutely nothing of it. You clearly don't know much about his history.

It actually is Fozzy vs. DeAngelo. People here are saying Fozzy should get more playing time than him and are saying he is better, which is just wrong. If we had to choose who to keep for the next five years, then it'd be young vs old. But that's not the case. It's who will be the best and most productive THIS year. And that is hands down DeAngelo, no discussion.

Fozzy didn't get a chance with a Chud offense. Which, sounds familiar, doesn't it? In fact, our RBs (who have complained about Chud not giving them opportunities) know more about than than you would.

The truth of the matter is this chart:

Age-vs-Production-Running-Backs-Receiver

Notice where DWill is? His average, excluding a statistical anomaly (like Fred Jackson you keep harping on, you know, because exceptions != the rule), would be around the 500-550 yard mark according to prevalent stats across the entire fuging history of the NFL.

You keep getting caught up on this whole DWill/Fozzy thing. It's not that. It's DWill versus Father Time. It's the natural break down of the human body.

If you can't understand that, then I'm sorry.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Fred was splitting with CJ Spiller and still managed about 900 yards and 9 touchdowns. Jordan Gross was not prevalent in the run game last year. We had one elite interior lineman in Kalil and the other two were crap be it Scott or Chandler or whoever was in at any given time. DeAngelo had huge long screen passes for TDs and big runs that contributed to wins like against the Niners and Saints. He still had it last year and still does this year. Way better than Fozzy.

Fozzy had a chance in Cleveland and made absolutely nothing of it. You clearly don't know much about his history.

It actually is Fozzy vs. DeAngelo. People here are saying Fozzy should get more playing time than him and are saying he is better, which is just wrong. If we had to choose who to keep for the next five years, then it'd be young vs old. But that's not the case. It's who will be the best and most productive THIS year. And that is hands down DeAngelo, no discussion.

And, as far as "no discussion" goes, there's tons of responses of people in this thread saying the same thing I am. So, obviously there is discussion. Obviously there is something happening that we're all saying, and whether you're too blind to see it or too stupid or you love DWill too much, I don't know.

But, I can say this. If DWill and Fozzy had the same contract this year. Which one do you think would be playing? Hint: The answer is Fozzy.

Dwill is killing our offense. He is good for an occasional big play but is a drive killer

He did kill quite a few drives last season.                 What the hell does he keep stumbling on?  His own feet?  An Olinemans foot?  I just know the guy seems to be stumbling  forward,  before a defender actually touches him -  A lot.

I miss having a dependable run game.     Those were the days...  to watch our Rbs convert on a 3rd and 5 on a regular basis.      I think '09 was the last time we had a dependable run game?

I dunno if I could say you're *way* of base on this, but I'm not sure I agree entirely.

Fozzy hasn't proved anything yet. He *looks* good against second and third team defenders, but that doesn't really tell us all that much.

As far as J-Stew being the better back between he and D-Will, you might be right. At one time (when he was completely healthy), Stewart was the more reliable, tougher, classic football running back.

So you might be right, but only time will tell, Igo.

Stewart is clearly the superior RB at this point, plus he can actually pass block. Why Dwill got the start in NE is beyond me. All I can figure is Rivera and company are saving Stewart's reps for the regular season. Let's hope he can stay healthy this year.

Sent from my SM-P600 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Stewart is clearly the superior RB at this point, plus he can actually pass block. Why Dwill got the start in NE is beyond me. All I can figure is Rivera and company are saving Stewart's reps for the regular season. Let's hope he can stay healthy this year.

Sent from my SM-P600 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Stewart is not the better pass blocker

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived