• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I contended Deangelo is the 3rd best RB on the team

Jeremy Igo

I think CRA has clouded a lot of posters judgements about the rb situation. He is to the point to much instead of giving dwill his proper due.

Dwill still has it, but only in certain scenarios or plays.

Stew gives us the best chance this year if he remains healthy and I stand by that conviction. Just because of his style that meshes with our oline.

Ryan kalil said as much

This.

Historically, DeAngelo is arguably our best RB in franchise history but right now, Stew is the better fit for bulk carries if healthy.  

Stewart-Tolbert-D'Will will all get carries...I just hope Shula is smart about how he uses each of them.  

Regardless of their running ability, with our current situation on the o-line I would rather see Stewart out there, especially in key pass protection situations. When was the last time D-Will had a great blitz pickup like this?

stew-owns.gif

I think CRA has clouded a lot of posters judgements about the rb situation. He is to the point too much instead of giving dwill his proper due.

Dwill still has it, but only in certain scenarios or plays.

Stew gives us the best chance this year if he remains healthy and I stand by that conviction. Just because of his style that meshes with our oline.

Ryan kalil said as much

I just don't sugar coat it....

And I have said numerous times that scheme and offenses matter greatly.....and that has been the biggest issue with Williams of late. FIT matters tremendously. What we do plays against what he does.

Issue is people tune all that out and just read CRA said something bad about my beloved DWill.....so I don't waste my time complimenting his positives anymore

Issue is people tune all that out and just read CRA said something bad about my beloved DWill.....so I don't waste my time complimenting his positives anymore

Issue as I see it is we are stuck with DWill and Stewart no matter what anyone thinks due to Marty Hurney contract incompetence.

Our mother fugging Offensive Coordinator needs to look at the roster available and design and call plays to put these players in a position to succeed. Not continually show up Sundays with his head up his ass trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

/rant

Issue as I see it is we are stuck with DWill and Stewart no matter what anyone thinks due to Marty Hurney contract incompetence.

Our mother fugging Offensive Coordinator needs to look at the roster available and design and call plays to put these players in a position to succeed. Not continually show up Sundays with his head up his ass trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

/rant

Amen. But harder said than done. (Joke)

I just don't sugar coat it....

And I have said numerous times that scheme and offenses matter greatly.....and that has been the biggest issue with Williams of late. FIT matters tremendously. What we do plays against what he does.

I think the only thing we disagree about at this point is that joe Montana is the goat over Tom Brady

Regardless of their running ability, with our current situation on the o-line I would rather see Stewart out there, especially in key pass protection situations. When was the last time D-Will had a great blitz pickup like this?

stew-owns.gif

Have you ever seen a play with so many defenders that are going after the QB end up on their ass at once. What a thing of beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

No doubt that figures in, the year he took over for an injured RB in San Diego and the year after that he had 300 plus carries averaging 4.0 YPC, so sightly better.

DWill was a great RB for us and an even better person but we really don't need to keep paying/featuring him anymore. 

It sucks but that's what it is...the moment he got that contract he was more of detriment to the team than a benefit and that situation was not of his own doing of course. All the RB money could/should have went to more OL/Secondary help(or even WR at the time).

So as cool and as great he was for us there is no way I would have given him that contract or one even close quite frankly.

Also like you pointed out in another post Shula isn't even going to use DWill the way he should be used so it's one big expensive waste.

He carried the load in San Diego several times when Matthews was injured. He had no problem then, and he can do it now.

For a season?  His best year he averaged 49 yards per game.  The only games he got significant carries in were blow outs

Archived