• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Belichick Strut

Jeremy Igo

One thing I noticed last night was how Belichick has control over the crowd.

Like it or not, the New England fans are very football savvy. During the timeout that was taken to decide whether or not to challenge the touchdown rules out of bounds, Bill really worked the crowd.

Panthers-Pats-39.jpg

He had the flag in his hand for quite a while, walking around with it as the fans kept a close eye. It was obvious right away on the big screens it was at the very least worth the review, and almost definitely a touchdown. But Bill milked the timeout and waived the red flag like a football matador. The fans grew louder as he paced the sidelines. I really think he was whipping them up on purpose.

Then, at the very last second, the nonchalantly throws the flag as the crowd erupts into as much noise as I ever have heard at a Panthers regular season game.

Meh. Southern fans are laid back, whereas it doesn't take much to push someone from the northeast over the edge. It take more than a cheating coach's challenge flag to get us riled up.

Minor league baseball games in the south are virtually silent until A.) the pitcher's performance requires heckling or B.) the alcohol sinks in

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

As much as I hate the patriots I respect Bill Belichick because the hard work and attention to detail. You can call him a cheater all you like but he is always successful and hasn't had a loosing record in how long?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived