• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear New England, Thank You

Jeremy Igo

thank you.

anyway, brady was 17/21 with 3 clean drops. brady is good, but not that good. must be a preseason D. i expect you guys to have top 5 D again.

LaFail with a classic 3rd down drop. This guy will drive you nuts! Show you glimpses of promise and then totally kick you in the face other days. Luckily for him, Frank Alexander bailed him out with a penalty on that play.

This is what I noticed:

1) Patriots game planned Brandon LaFell against the Panthers. They made that a point and failed at it.

2) Brady leaves the game, and when Belichick sees the Panthers pull Kuechly and put AJ in his spot he runs Brady back on to the field. Kuechly out smarted Brady. Brady out smarted AJ.

3) Patriots QB sneak in preseason with their franchise QB? That made it obvious they were playing to win a preseason game.

On the Panthers defensive side, Rivera was testing out back ups in key roles like Addison and Horton in the DE rotation, AJ Klein leading the defense from Kuechly's position, Bene at a starting CB spot, Lester at a starting safety spot,  Looked like the coaches wanted to see what they had with a "next man up" scenario.

On the Panthers offensive side, they were getting Benjamin reps with Cam and working the OL. They gave Turner and Chandler the night off. They play if this was regular season. They wanted to see what they had in their top OG back up in Chris Scott and top OT back up in Gary Williams. Cam was made to step up in the pocket and use his OL while going through all of his progressions and then deciding what to do. The few running plays they were calling went right up the gut making the OL push the defense. This was all for practice with QB stepping up and using the pocket, pass block as long as possible, run block straight up the middle, and called plays for Cam to KB. There was no offensive game plan if you look at it. They were drilling in a live action game.

The installs in practice and game planning was last week against the Chiefs since it was their final preseason home game.

LaFail with a classic 3rd down drop. This guy will drive you nuts! Show you glimpses of promise and then totally kick you in the face other days. Luckily for him, Frank Alexander bailed him out with a penalty on that play.

it's worrysome.  i don't like bad hands. i'm also a michigan(my alma mater) fan, and i watched talented braylon edwards drop catches that make you 'did he really drop that?'.   nothing pisses me off more than a bad drop.  

but sadly, we are kinda used to that from last year (KT & dobson butter fingers).  both of those kids dropped a ton. 

brady will probably keep going to lafell to boost his confidence. he did that yesterday.   but if lafell continues to drop even in the middle of season, then he will just go to his bread and butter in edelman, amendola, and gronk(hope he stays healthy).  brady is not an equal opportunity thrower.  you gotta prove to brady that you are trustworthy.    

I understand why Patriots fans think this game meant nothing to Billy. Mainly because they believe him.

What do they expect, for him to come out and say a preseason game meant something to him? He would be laughed out of the media room.

His actions, however, tell a different story.

Sent from Carolina Huddle App for Android.

good game guys - i'm a diehard patriots fan. i follow them 24/7 for past 30 years.

you guys have a good board. i've been lurking and i love your passion.

ramblings -

1. sorry guys, but there is no 'revenge' factor from the players and BB. but fans? definitely yes. here is what we are going through internally. we haven't won it all for 10 years. we only care about winning the SB. brady or bb isn't into revenge. at least not anymore. we revenged our losses many times past 10 years. that didn't get us the 4th SB. most treat this season as beginning 'last hurrah' for brady & bb. it's the last tour. we know the window closing. they know it. 3 years? 4 years maybe? we are all deprived. fans, kraft, bb, brady, other pats. we miss that feeling. it's been 10 years. this is the only reason why we take preseason seriously. BB makes players to run a mile after stinkers.

2. many fans feel that we lost the edge along the way. pats used to be nasty. patriot swagger was gone for past few years. in our off season we focused on trying to be nasty. revis signing was huge for us. he will bring nastiness to our D. we saw what seattle did. we are realizing we must fix the D or no 4th SB.

3. KB looked good. i expect great things from him. i envy big WRs. 6ft 5 240lb guy who can run and catch? he definitely stood out.

4. there is no defensive player i would rather have for my pats than kuechly in the entire NFL. not sherman, watt, miller, peterson, bowman, and etc. such a great playmaker with a great instinct. if he was a pat, he probably would've been my favorite player of all time - topping my fav pat, bruschi.

5. i understand the hate on brady. he isn't your typical next door neighbor. dude can be a major a hole on the field. he has everything. guys like that don't make good friends.

but put yourself in his shoe for a sec. he misses that early SB success. he will do whatever it takes to get W. all he ever wants to do is win his 4th. he knows more than anybody how hard it is to win one. it's been 10 years. it's killing him. every scream & yelling is saying 'WTF! this ain't gonna get me my 4th'. he will die trying another ring. let's say he is 40 and he couldn't get it done. he will go to other team and try to get one. he is a competitor. i wish other fans embrace that insane drive to succeed. i wish fans understand that. you can hate his look, hate his antics, hate his lifestyle, but embrace his passion for the game. because IMO, it's amusing to see a man who has everything still loses a sleep over a bad play. and brady isn't about stats either - if he did, he won't keep throwing to thompkins or dobson - 2 talented, but puppies on the field.

6. for panthers to get to the deep in the playoffs, cam must turn into top 7 QB IMO. it's hard to build a team like seattle. that doesn't happen often. but just like peyton, brady, rodgers, brees - QB can change everything. i think cam has all the tools. IMO, he is actually underrated. with all this talk of wilson, kaep, Luck - Cam is often not mentioned from media. regardless, i think Cam has what it takes to be a rising superstar - meaning a face of the NFL. once he become even more mature i think he will eventually become top 7 QB. and when brady/manning/brees leave for good, that means Cam should be top 4.

i don't think cam will ever get to brady/manning level, but i think he can get to prime big ben level but better. cam is big as hell, and he can move. and he is only gonna get better skill wise. but he has to be that crazy insane mania like peyton/brady are. if he is treating monday to -friday like a homework then that's not enough. he has to treat it like a final exam. he must lose sleep over a bad play.

7. i miss steve smith. outside of pats, smith was my favorite offensive player.

8. i lived in SC in 90's. panthers fan base came long long way. mad kudos.

9. sorry about biakabutuka. (i went to michigan)

10. sorry about SB XXXVIII, but it was a helluva game. one of the best SB ever. do you guys miss delhomme? i kinda miss him. i loved watching him play.

good luck to your team, and hopefully we meet again in the SB.

Soounds like the panthers are your second team :)

Sent from my LG-D851 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

The run game was good last week, keep in mind the right side of our line didnt play last night

Also we game planned vs KC and KC did not game plan against us...

Not sure how you can say "see when we game planned we were fine" when the other team didn't...

This time it was reveresed and we played way worse than KC did with no game plan involved.

Even in the KC game you saw some of the same things as against NE....wide open Receivers all day being one of them.  #87 and Bowe were open all game long.

Also we game planned vs KC and KC did not game plan against us...

Not sure how you can say "see when we game planned we were fine" when the other team didn't...

This time it was reveresed and we played way worse than KC did with no game plan involved.

Even in the KC game you saw some of the same things as against NE....wide open Receivers all day being one of them. #87 and Bowe were open all game long.

Incorrect, they both agreed to play starters longer and game plan. It was a mutual decision.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Incorrect, they both agreed to play starters longer and game plan. It was a mutual decision.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I'd ask you to provide proof but I am pretty sure you are making poo up as there was no such mutual agreement.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-vs-Panthers-Preview/5a6b14d1-a8b3-4d68-817d-06c56225a25e

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/What-to-watch-Panthers-vs-Chiefs/9842a262-b7dc-446c-9f16-997e2f4b3653

and then for their game this weekend:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-turned-Vikings-QB-Matt-Cassel-I-have-no-ill-will/9920374f-8992-4ff4-8e68-478f40d21c69

So yea where did KC say they were treating our game the same way we were?

This is what I noticed:

1) Patriots game planned Brandon LaFell against the Panthers. They made that a point and failed at it.

2) Brady leaves the game, and when Belichick sees the Panthers pull Kuechly and put AJ in his spot he runs Brady back on to the field. Kuechly out smarted Brady. Brady out smarted AJ.

3) Patriots QB sneak in preseason with their franchise QB? That made it obvious they were playing to win a preseason game.

On the Panthers defensive side, Rivera was testing out back ups in key roles like Addison and Horton in the DE rotation, AJ Klein leading the defense from Kuechly's position, Bene at a starting CB spot, Lester at a starting safety spot, Looked like the coaches wanted to see what they had with a "next man up" scenario.

On the Panthers offensive side, they were getting Benjamin reps with Cam and working the OL. They gave Turner and Chandler the night off. They play if this was regular season. They wanted to see what they had in their top OG back up in Chris Scott and top OT back up in Gary Williams. Cam was made to step up in the pocket and use his OL while going through all of his progressions and then deciding what to do. The few running plays they were calling went right up the gut making the OL push the defense. This was all for practice with QB stepping up and using the pocket, pass block as long as possible, run block straight up the middle, and called plays for Cam to KB. There was no offensive game plan if you look at it. They were drilling in a live action game.

The installs in practice and game planning was last week against the Chiefs since it was their final preseason home game.

Best answer this post please.

It was blatantly obvious what was going on and what was on BBs mind. TB was playing against 3rd stringers at one point. Out defense curbed poo when all our starters minus CJ were out there.

Most rational post about all of this. Zero sacks against Brady is common, but we applied great pressure(which is what you have to do) when our first string was out there ie tom was throwing balls in the dirt.

This was personal for BB and any patriots fan who says different is just being a homer.

and keek v brady reminded me of ray lewis vs brady. keek won this matchup though it was short lived. which is simply amazing considering his age. I noticed Keek on the sideline screaming at teammates about what Brady was doing. i got goosebumps because barring injury keek may go down as the greatest ever mentally and i firmly believe that.

I was in and out getting ready to go to work while watching the game... but did Brady "come back in" after the majority of our Defense that was actually appliy'n pressure got pulled?

Don't wanna hit the franchise... Cuz he was getting pressured.

Just asking if anyone can tell me that.

I was in and out getting ready to go to work while watching the game... but did Brady "come back in" after the majority of our Defense that was actually appliy'n pressure got pulled?

Don't wanna hit the franchise... Cuz he was getting pressured.

Just asking if anyone can tell me that.

Yeah he came out and then Luke came out and then he came back in and played into the 3rd. Luke didn't come back in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived