• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports NFL Predictions: 2014 Panthers wideouts better than in 2013

gettlemanjack

Greg Olsen (816 yards) was the leading receiver

You'd think Carolina saw Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall depart the way Ted Ginn (556 yds) and Brandon LaFell (627 yds) are breathlessly mentioned as losses. Enter Kelvin Benjamin , Jerricho Cotchery and Jason Avant.

For as great a leader as Steve Smith was/is, and for as much as he was the face of the franchise, adding 6'5" Benjamin and sneaky touchdown machine Cotchery (10 touchdowns last year!) will make this a more dynamic, efficient and flat-out better unit in 2014.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24672569/nfl-bold-predictions-carson-palmer-for-5k-panthers-wrs-better

As a whole, I expect the unit to be better.  But, with that said, it still wouldn't surprise me if Olsen is our leading receiver again.  As long as the offense as a whole is getting the job done, I have no problem with that.  No one seems to have a problem with Jimmy Graham being the Saints' leading receiver.  No one seems to have a problem with the Saints not having a single WR go for over 1000 yards last season.  But, everyone is losing their minds over the Panthers' WRs.

Archived