• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ear Buds

Zcustom

I use Jaybird Freedom wireless bluetooth earbuds and LOVE them.  No wires to get hooked on anything...

They work great indoors, not so much outdoors though.

I've been looking for a set of blue tooth headphones without paying a fortune for them but they all seem to have problems outside. What is it about the outdoors that interferes with the signal? I want to be able to use them while cutting the grass. 

Woot has a good deal on some Scosche headphones and I am pondering getting them.

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/scosche-tunestreamii-bluetooth-headphone-3?ref=cnt_wp_8_5

I purchased both of these for running/yard work:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJLMBQQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and

http://smile.amazon.com/JayBird-BlueBuds-Sport-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00AIRUOI8/ref=psdc72_t1_B00KJLMBQQ_B00AIRUOI8

I'm testing them both out, both have pros and cons to make the choice harder.  Depends if you want complete noise cancellation (ie yardwork) or like to have some ambient noise (which is a good thing while running).

I've been looking for a set of blue tooth headphones without paying a fortune for them but they all seem to have problems outside. What is it about the outdoors that interferes with the signal? I want to be able to use them while cutting the grass. 

Woot has a good deal on some Scosche headphones and I am pondering getting them.

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/scosche-tunestreamii-bluetooth-headphone-3?ref=cnt_wp_8_5

It's not that anything interferes, it's that the bluetooth signal bounces off of internal walls and ceiling so the earbuds are always getting a signal.  Outside there's nothing to bounce off of (usually) so the signal often doesn't reach the receiver, so it's constantly cutting in and out unless you put the phone (or whatever you're using) very close to your earbuds, which isn't easy to do.

Also, also... these earbuds don't do so well when you're running about... they tend to wiggle out... so there's that.

They are however utterly fantastic for in the gym.

It's not that anything interferes, it's that the bluetooth signal bounces off of internal walls and ceiling so the earbuds are always getting a signal.  Outside there's nothing to bounce off of (usually) so the signal often doesn't reach the receiver, so it's constantly cutting in and out unless you put the phone (or whatever you're using) very close to your earbuds, which isn't easy to do.

Also, also... these earbuds don't do so well when you're running about... they tend to wiggle out... so there's that.

They are however utterly fantastic for in the gym.

I have a handful of blue tooth speakers that I use around the pool area and never have that problem so I don't get why headphones should be different. My Jawbone speaker I put on the diving board which is easily 50 feet away from my iphone and  it has never cut out. Is it because the size of the bluetooth receiver has to be so much smaller in headphones maybe?

I have a handful of blue tooth speakers that I use around the pool area and never have that problem so I don't get why headphones should be different. My Jawbone speaker I put on the diving board which is easily 50 feet away from my iphone and  it has never cut out. Is it because the size of the bluetooth receiver has to be so much smaller in headphones maybe?

Yeah I bet it's to do with the size of the receiver and the fact that when you're wearing them you're constantly moving so it goes in and out of "line of sight" and the signal gets blocked.

You mean those headphones that do not give correct sound but just bass?

Sorry Cam

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Couldn't tell you, never worn them. Only time I use headphones is working out. And I do not spend hundreds of dollars on stupid things because cool people are in commercials.

Archived