• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera on Cam: "He's got to develop as a passer."

gettlemanjack

great idea man, they should have thought of that.

poo, wait, there's that thing called a salary cap. oh and signing the secondary, which left. oh and receivers, which left. oh and Cam's contract. and Kuechly's. and Hardy's(maybe).

if it were up to you, we would have a washing machine playing left guard.

we have enough cap for atleast a decent oline

we have enough cap for atleast a decent oline

Out of curiosity, who do you think we should have signed?

Also when people talk about cap space they have to consider not only this years but next years cap space. An upper tier player is going to expect a multiyear deal.

Yet, we'll probably still run the read option 25% of the time.

My only gripe with Rivera is that you say this(and no, i don't have a problem with his comment) but still constantly call run plays for Cam. Maybe if you leave the main running assignments to our running backs instead of Cam he could develop quicker.

Note this quote from Rivera a few days ago by Fox News:

Rivera has indicated he wants to reduce the wear and tear

on Newton's body. That doesn't mean the Panthers won't keep working on the read option in practice and use it some this season.

"We'll develop it until (Newton) is ready to go," Rivera said.

"Until then you will see what you see, and this is our offense. If we can use our backs effectively enough where he we don't have to rely on him running we would certainly much rather do that."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/08/18/ron-rivera-panthers-running-back-could-be-dynamic-if-rb-jonathan-stewart-can/

i wish he wouldnt say stupid crap like this. it's just more fodder for espn to take out of context and blow up.

It only matter when you have any concern whatsoever with what ESPN says.  I'd rather my coach speak honestly than worry about how a news agency everyone says they don't pay any attention to makes up headlines.

It only matter when you have any concern whatsoever with what ESPN says.  I'd rather my coach speak honestly than worry about how a news agency everyone says they don't pay any attention to makes up headlines.

Well, you can't worry about ESPN bashing their own article, when the title and article was nothing like how the OP presented.

The title actually said "Rivera: Surgery made Newton better QB". And the quote in the OP's title actually was ""Cam's the same way. He knows he's got to develop as a passer.", after Rivera was speaking about Michael Jordan. 

The OP just left out the, "Cam's the same way" portion of his out of context quote. SMH

The OP was disingenuous in their presentation, and only wanted a negative reaction (knowing many Huddler's would click on the links, and/or read the whole articles) from Rivera's innocuous comment. And I think he got it.

Gotta love the Huddle

Some of you guys pretend like Cam is already in the HOF. He has ways to go and he is coming along, not there yet. Take the homer glasses off.

I never got the impression anyone felt Cam was HOF bound like the way Luck is, but I can understand where they r coming from. This kid's every move has been dissect and undermined while lesser talent QB'S weaknesses have been dismissed thanks to their receivers and their weaknesses not always being talked about by the media.

Don't be surprised if someone try to make the argument that Manzeil is a better pocket passer.

Archived