• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pros and Cons of our 2014 schedule

gettlemanjack

PRO: We play Bucs first week of the season. New coach, new system and some new players. Best match-up during week 1 that we could have hoped for.

Under Rivera we generally start slow and struggle against teams with a new system and no game film. The good part about that game is Rivera knows Lovie Smiths system.

I would never bet against the Panthers but I also would never take them week 1 or after a bye.

Team looked like poo 2 years ago in Tampa week 1

Yeah I rewatched the condensed version of that game this week and they just punched us in the mouth. By the time we recovered and started making a play or two it was too late.

Really hoping we don't see a repeat of that.

Remember 2012? Bucs week one. New coach, new system, new players.

There are no easy match-ups. You gotta be ready to ball from the get go, er'week of the season.

--------------------------------------

Matt Ryan wears braided belts.

I do remember that ... yuck.

still think its better than waiting until they gel and work out the kinks. Lovie will get their act together eventually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

My question is will they have the fields heated or no? That was the problem last time they had at at the University of Minnesota. The field wasn't heated and it was frozen so they said the field felt like playing on solid rock.

they just installed a brand-new heating system under the field to accommodate the Vikings. However, there are still three outdoor cold-weather stadiums in the NFL that don't have a heating system under their field: MetLife (home of Giants, Jets and the last Super Bowl), Arrowhead (Chiefs) and Ralph Wilson Stadium (Bills). What they do at those stadiums is that heat the field by blasting hot air under a tarp that covers the field, and that is what they did at the University of Minnesota when the Bears played the Vikings there on Dec 20, 2010. The reason the media and the players were freaking out about playing at the University of Minnesota that year was that 1) many of them didn't realize that there are outdoor, cold-weather NFL stadiums without underground heating systems (Bills, Giants, Jets, Chiefs) and 2) the University of Minnesota's last home game was Nov 27 that year, so they hadn't done anything to prevent the accumulation of ice and snow after that because their season was over. Here's the time-lapse video of how they got the field cleared and heated at the Univ of Minnesota for that Dec 20, 2010 Bears vs Vikings game:

Archived