• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible DE Trade?

Jeremy Igo

For some SAT practice:

Hurney is to RBs as Gettleman is to

A) Hamsters

B) DEs

C) Nipple shorts

And the answer is... B! Although you could make a strong case for C. Seriously, Gettleman loves him some DEs. No way does he trade away one of his stockpile.

For some SAT practice:

Hurney is to RBs as Gettleman is to

A) Hamsters

B) DEs

C) Nipple shorts

And the answer is... B! Although you could make a strong case for C. Seriously, Gettleman loves him some DEs. No way does he trade away one of his stockpile.

I think he seriously hates quarterbacks.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Matt Ryan, Tom Brady and Brees laying on the ground clutching their pretty football like a newborn.

It is a good strategy for the NFL right now.  Considering all the rules that favor wide-receivers and the rampant pass-based offenses in the league, the most consistent strategy is to constantly pressure quarterbacks.

I find this unlikely considering that our entire gameplan hinges upon having DE's that can put pressure on a QB to help a patchwork secondary.

With that being said, it's also not the character of this organization to receive significant compensation for players lost. See Brandon LaFell, Mike Mitchell, Ted Ginn.....

One year contracts for everyone!!!

Some of you still are not getting that last year we were a defensive powerhouse with 5 defensive ends. Now we have 6 and pressing needs elsewhere.

I'm not so sure some of you realize there is a 53 player limit.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

The Panthers won't keep 6 DE'S on their roster.

It's that simple.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Not on active game day no.

I could see 6 on the 53 activating the 6th depending on match up.

If you take 9 DL on the game day 45, you could run 6 DE and 3 DT when you play the Saints vs 4 D and 5 DE when you play a Seahawks.

Either way, it's nice to have assests.

Don't think anyone would give something up for Wes Horton when better guys will be cut by their teams soon enough, Horton potentially included.

Horton is a very solid rotational DE. I suspect the league values such.

Gosh, this is like a few years ago when everyone wanted to keep and pay all the RB's.

Bottom like is, Zod is correct.

You have more DE's than will make the roster.

You can choose, get a quality OT and give the offense a chance to stay on the field, OR, keep all the DEs and rotate them......a lot.  Because they will be on the field forever.  3 and outs on our offense are going to be common place because of our OT's in my opinion.  One great veteran guy will help a great deal.

And further, i would trade Charles Johnson.  He is good enough to warrant a starting tackle and we can move some salary.  Win win

I don't know much about NFL trades and values and such, but would a team be willing to trade for a guy who has a high chance of being cut regardless? Especially when other ends will end up being made available around the league as well?

I guess the reason is that they want first dibs before he hits the open market, like the Eagles did with Barner.

Archived