• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blessing?????

AKPantherFan

With Smith out for a couple weeks I think this is just what we needed.

89 and 17 have no problem finding each other on gameday. Now Jake, more IMPORTANTLY Jarrett will have more reps.

Let 89 sit, relax and 17 and Jarrett have some special "bonding" time...

Calm down folks, Its Aug 10th.....

One thing to consider with Smith out is that we will have two very big bodies helping our running game on the outsides. Whilst I appreciate Smith is a fantastic blocker, Muhammed and Jarrett could just provide even more ammunition for our running game.

Although this will not prevent teams stacking 9 men in the box...

I don't think it's a terrible thing at all. As you said, it will give Jarrett some more reps with Jake, which could be very beneficial when the games count. We saw last year that Smitty can miss a few games and still be the best receiver in the NFL, so if he doesn't play a single pre-season game but is ready for regs, then I am more than happy to have him sit.

One thing to consider with Smith out is that we will have two very big bodies helping our running game on the outsides. Whilst I appreciate Smith is a fantastic blocker, Muhammed and Jarrett could just provide even more ammunition for our running game.

Although this will not prevent teams stacking 9 men in the box...

Honestly, I think Smith is a better blocker than Jarrett right now.

Honestly, I think Smith is a better blocker than Jarrett right now.

Smith is one of the better blockers on the team. He also doesn't mind running after the ball on a play, and busting some ass either if it's picked off, or help on other plays down field either.

Archived