• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Byron Bell starting is a "fait accompli"

SCP

I played oline in college and played both left and right guard. Made no difference to me. The left handed thing may be overstated here, or maybe not, but at least he seems more comfortable

--------------------------------------

Matt Ryan wears braided belts.

Sure, but do you wipe with either hand?

One thing you can say about Bell, his humble attitude and positive perspective are off the charts

@mikepersinger: Panthers left tackle Byron Bell says he's worried about winning, not payday. If he plays well ... Story by @jjones9 http://t.co/iJFL1NXs4R

--------------------------------------

Matt Ryan wears braided belts.

according to pff, he's played a combined 55 snaps between the 2 preseason games.

he's allowed 2 qb hurries and 1 hit. 0 sacks.

PFF is mostly useless when it comes to rating OL play because they have zero clue on the play.

Hell, NFL coaches have said how difficult it is to assess a player on the OL if they don't have a playbook and know where responsibility lies.

PFF is mostly useless when it comes to rating OL play because they have zero clue on the play.

Hell, NFL coaches have said how difficult it is to assess a player on the OL if they don't have a playbook and know where responsibility lies.

I disagree. Sure knowing assignment is important but there is also the whole man on man aspect of it that can easily be assessed. 

Even if you are blocking the wrong man / assignment how you do against him is another aspect all together. 

I know it is very early given we haven't even played any regular season games, but if Bell does better on the left side versus the right I want all the multiple posters who made tons of post laughing about how being left handed and playing left tackle in college wouldn't change anything  to eat platefuls of crow.  

Bell could be twice as good on the left as the right and still be one of the worst starting tackles in the league. 

• 1 month later...

Archived