• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Byron Bell starting is a "fait accompli"

SCP

Rivera said via BBR

http://blackandbluereview.com/six-pack-aug-20/

'He's done some things on the left side that he didn't do on the right side that have been impressive." Rivera said.  "But the biggest thing we keep forgetting is, he's a natural left-hander.

"His punch is a lot better, and his first step is a little bit better.  Again that's because he's working of his left side.  Having seen that, I have confidence that he can do the job for us."

This was the topic many months ago.  Many thought it was just BS but apparently playing the left side for Bell is better than the right.

BECAUSE HE IS LEFT HANDED.

I am happy to see the improvement Bell has made since he arrived here. I can understand the negative attitudes shown for Bell based on his past play at right tackle, but I never totally fathomed the vitriol. I really believe he has turned the corner and found his correct position simultaneously. A thought which some of you may consider is that perhaps left tackle is where he would have played better all along. No one seemed to consider he should have been a backup left tackle more naturally than a starting right tackle. But alas he apparently played the right spot better than anyone we had. Couple that with the popular incumbency of Jordan Gross at left tackle and we may all have missed the boat on Bell. I think that it is a good thing that Rivera and Getts have better eyes for talent than  the majority of us. How quickly the dog pack which has shouted Bell down will turn on their heels when this young man shows up. Watch 'em!!

I know it is very early given we haven't even played any regular season games, but if Bell does better on the left side versus the right I want all the multiple posters who made tons of post laughing about how being left handed and playing left tackle in college wouldn't change anything  to eat platefuls of crow.  

I know it is very early given we haven't even played any regular season games, but if Bell does better on the left side versus the right I want all the multiple posters who made tons of post laughing about how being left handed and playing left tackle in college wouldn't change anything  to eat platefuls of crow.  

Jon Snow disagree.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000379906/article/ryan-shazier-michael-floyd-among-training-camp-risers-in-2014

Byron Bell, OT, Carolina Panthers

Bell has shocked me with how well he's played since entering the NFL as an undrafted rookie in 2011, and I've continued to be impressed with the way he's transitioned from right tackle to left tackle this preseason in the wake of longtime veteran Jordan Gross' retirement. Offensive line coach John Matsko has done a great job improving Bell's technique and making the game easier for the strong, wide-shouldered 25-year-old. Bell must do a good job protecting Cam Newton's blind side if the Panthers are to have a chance, and, luckily for them, it looks like he's going to.

Archived