• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AJ Klein Catching On

Jeremy Igo

Yeah, Madden taught me that 10yrs ago ;). It would be cool to see a 5-2 front every now and then. All I have to say is that opposing oline would not survive one quarter, let alone the QB of the opposing team. I still don't buy the crap of Rob Ryan's 3 to 4 safety defense and all the hype.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Agreed. On third downs we could totally run a 5-2. Davis and kuechly are good enough in coverage for that to work. There wouldn't be a single guy on that line getting doubled and if one did that's a blown protection for a easy sack. And we could get really wild with it by dropping hardy back in a flat zone just to throw offenses off. I can't see our defense not being top 5 with this personnel

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Could you imagine the look on the WR's face on meeting the Kraken in drop back coverage, lulz

A kraken pick 6 on a rb screen that they were just trying to dump off. Lol I could easily see that

Thinking about, this team's dline has to be the deepest and with the most quality. We are blessed! Now with the next draft to sure up the safety position.

Safety corner oline depth and young WRs maybe a 3rd on a rb but yes. We are in great shape

Might have something to do with who our head coach is.

Eh, historically we've had a reputation for great linebackers playing for us. Sam Mills, Kevin Greene, Dan Morgan, Will Witherspoon, Thomas Davis, Jon Beason, and now Luke Kuechly. Pretty impressive for one of the youngest franchises in the league.

Can't discount his Big12 defensive player of the year award. Plus I'm loving having an ISU player on board. Haven't had many of those make an impact in the NFL

im a big 12 fan myself ( kansas state ) arthur brown jr won big 12 defensive player of year, not klein. but I loved the klein pick since I actually seen him play a lot. getting him so low qas even better

im a big 12 fan myself ( kansas state ) arthur brown jr won big 12 defensive player of year, not klein. but I loved the klein pick since I actually seen him play a lot. getting him so low qas even better

Klein won Co defensive player in 2011. Believe he shared it with Frank Alexander if I'm not mistaken.

Sadly we would get passed on to death. Teams would kill us just having 4 receiver sets that we wouldn't be able to cover.

Not trying to be funny but in Madden, the 46 has a speed sub pkg which is like a nickle formation except a lber is replaced with a third safety.

The Saints went to this formation at the end of the year playing three safeties(Harper, Vaccaro, Jenkins) and had success...against other teams lol. Panthers find a way.

But if we had better safeties id be all for that formation.

On the Kuchley sack play against the Chiefs they came up in a 3-4 style and did a really nice hybrid zone blitz.

McD is going to do work.

Klein's development and ability is nice bc If god forbid Davis or Kuchley had to go down for a few games he would seemingly slide right in.

Jason Williams got great praise as a guy ready to play by Rivera in an interview but I think just watching Kuchley/Davis daily in practice is like a Linebacker science class. I hope we draft another linebacke with physical tools to develop behind the Kuchley/Davis/Klien trio.

Archived