• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AJ Klein Catching On

Jeremy Igo

Might have something to do with who our head coach is.

When you look at the staff Rivera has built. You have to think back to that first press conference when he said he wanted to hire teachers. 

McDermott has proved to be an up and coming coach.

Eric Washington has helped 3rd and 6th round picks become superstar pass rushers. He's done well with Star and KK.

John Matsko on the oline has a Masters in Education to go with 23 years experience. He has a Hall of Fame tackle working under him that can relate to the players.

Ricky Proehl is a credible guy with players whether they are 1st round picks or late round projects.

Al Holcomb has done a great job and he's blessed to have Thomas Davis as a veteran leader, Luke as an ambitious star, and Chase as the guy that can relate to long shots.

Then you have Ron who's seen a lot of Football and paid his dues. He had to learn to be a Head Coach and he delivered an NFC South crown in year three.

But the NFL is dog eat dog. Ron goes into 2014 as the least experienced and decorated coach in the division. What's next? 

I remember well the "WHATS GETTLEMAN DOING FUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGG!!!!" reaction by so many when the Klein selection was made. :lol:

Me too, but not me. I loved it. Thought he was a steal. I think he is very Luke-ish in his ability to seem to always be around the ball. Very smart. I agree he isn't great at point of attack yet, but he will get better.

We made 3 extremely good picks for our defense last year, I mean we got it done on that side of the ball.

4 because White looks like a baller too. I know he is an undrained pick up but we still brought him in.

They rarely throw to his side of the field.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Nice to see Klein continue to develop. Unfortunately the depth stops with him though, Very concerned with our LB depth.

Blackburn isn't bad at all for backup purposes. Also, Voth was reminding folks that we play with two LBs and a Nickel 75% of the time.

Blackburn isn't bad at all for backup purposes. Also, Voth was reminding folks that we play with two LBs and a Nickel 75% of the time.

I was still considering Chase the starter. He played great last week. Outside of AJ I don't have any faith in the other LB's.

I guess we're getting spoiled a little having 4 decent guys that could start. Its just that the depth looks awfull.

It I a give and take between the two of them, Klein and Blackburn. Klein brings more athleticism and speed to his game, so he is much better in coverage. Blackburn brings more instinctiveness and strength with his games, which makes him a better tackler and better against the run. I'd say that we do what we did last year. Start Blackburn and bring Klein in on pass plays with a few additional reps and he will eventually replace Blackburn...

I was still considering Chase the starter. He played great last week. Outside of AJ I don't have any faith in the other LB's.

I guess we're getting spoiled a little having 4 decent guys that could start. Its just that the depth looks awfull.

Yeah, I'm not very familiar with how the depth looks after Klein, to be honest.

Archived