• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason #1: NY Giants

I am looking to see what kinds of WR sets we try as well as looking at TE patterns. I want to see if Barnidge can catch a few balls. I also want to see if Carter can contribute in a game situation or just at practice. If Smitty is out all preseason it could open a spot for him at least through pre-season. I also want to see Goodson in a game situation as well as look at Robinson to see if he is back or not.

We will get to see right off the bat how we will be without Kemo against the run given they will run a lot. It will be interesting to see the defense. Last year I could tell alot from the preseason although things were vanilla and will be the same this year given we play the Giants in the regular season and won't want to give away any secrets. Still it should give up a glimpse into this year because Meeks won't be installing a ton of defensive things as we go. He likes to keep it simple so what we see is what we will likely get.

And I surely hope one of the backup quarterbacks will step up this year. Otherwise we need to go back to the drawing board and bring in some other guys.

On offense, I am interested to see if Jake has mentally gotten past the playoff fiasco. I am also interested to see tha battle for the 4th WR spot.

On defense, I am interested in seeing Charles Johnson, combined with how our DT's perform. The Giants are a very good running team. The 1st quarter will be a good measuring stick of where the DL is right now.

Archived