• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USAToday: Cam is "one of the NFL’s most electric players/took a huge jump last season"

gettlemanjack

Chief's blog lists containing Cam as the #1 thing they will be watching for tonight:

1. Contain Cam

The Chiefs are going to face some very mobile quarterbacks this season including Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson. It is important that the front seven contains Newton in the pocket, preferably without having to use Derrick Johnson as a spy. It will be a collective effort to get a pass rush while not allowing Newton to escape for ample yardage. In Bob Sutton's man-scheme, Newton will have room to roam should he run.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/8/17/5991681/kansas-city-chiefs-carolina-panthers-preseason-cam-newton

Regardless of what the defenses overall ranking was in 2012, they cost the Panthers several games at the end, by not holding leads Cam and the offense gave them. So yes, they were the problem.

This is where, you have to actually watch or remember (in case you forgot) the games.

Note: I mentioned "watch" for the national media, not you.

The meltdown vs Tampa is a perfect example, we gave up back to back 80 yard drives at the end of the 4th qtr and overtime bc our D was worn out by that point. The fact that we couldn't run the ball to finish a team off put our D back out there.

Being ranked 10th overall was misleading bc i think we were near the bottom in giving up 4th qtr yards/points......All of the media n fans of other teams just blamed Cam bc it was convenient and fun for them to do so.

One thing they may have gotten wrong is I don't think Smith and Cam where close at all. I think that that Cam and K.B are tighter in three months then Smith and him ever where.Smith was never tight with anyone on this team that I can remember.....weird bird. Another media misconception from those who are not closely watching this team.

John Kasay and Jordan Gross. But yeah, he and Cam did not have much in common---too much of an age gap. Plenty of mutual respect but you wouldn't see them hanging out at each other's houses or anything.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

One thing they may have gotten wrong is I don't think Smith and Cam where close at all. I think that that Cam and K.B are tighter in three months then Smith and him ever where.Smith was never tight with anyone on this team that I can remember.....weird bird. Another media misconception from those who are not closely watching this team.

this. Smith was only beloved by the fanbase. it seems as though the team itself didnt have the highest view of 89. like someone said just above, lots of mutual respect. but did they like each other? mmmmmmnah.... probably not.

from Chiefs website:

"Between passing and rushing the ball, (Cam) Newton has compiled 13,331 yards in his career, the most of any NFL player across his first three seasons. Netwon’s playmaking ability will be a test for the Chiefs first-team defensive unit led by linebackers Tamba Hali and Justin Houston"

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-vs-Panthers-Preview/5a6b14d1-a8b3-4d68-817d-06c56225a25e

Chief's blog lists containing Cam as the #1 thing they will be watching for tonight:

1. Contain Cam

The Chiefs are going to face some very mobile quarterbacks this season including Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson. It is important that the front seven contains Newton in the pocket, preferably without having to use Derrick Johnson as a spy. It will be a collective effort to get a pass rush while not allowing Newton to escape for ample yardage. In Bob Sutton's man-scheme, Newton will have room to roam should he run.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/8/17/5991681/kansas-city-chiefs-carolina-panthers-preseason-cam-newton

Lol, they're fuging retarded if they think Cam is going to be out there running around during the preseason, especially at this point in his career when he doesn't have anything to prove in the preseason, especially now that he's fresh off an ankle surgery.  I mean, he might take off at one point if it's completely wide open and it's 3rd down or something, but he's not going to be going all scramblin' play-making Cam in a damn preseason game like they're suggesting.

Whoever wrote that didn't really take time to sit down and think about what they were writing at the time they made that bullet point.  Bullet point numero uno no less.

Well, we had a Defense last year and we gonna have an Offense and Defense this year!!!!  There could be a falling of Records in the NFL

likes unto which the Civilized World has ever known!!!  Might even tie a Great Big record in Dolphin Land, who knows any thing possible right

NOW!!! 

Can't hardly wait!!!!

The Chief's rookie 1st rounder, Dee Ford, will be one helluva test for Bell and/or Chandler tonight.  That guys first step is fast and electric and the OT's will have to be quick in their slide and get their hands on him or he'll be past them in a flash.

And I don't want one of my boys (Ford) to get a shot at another (Newton).

The Chief's rookie 1st rounder, Dee Ford, will be one helluva test for Bell and/or Chandler tonight. That guys first step is fast and electric and the OT's will have to be quick in their slide and get their hands on him or he'll be past them in a flash.

And I don't want one of my boys (Ford) to get a shot at another (Newton).

Have faith in our guys. He may be a first round talent, but he's still a rookie.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

That's true. But Cam did struggle 4th quarter of close games in the redzone his first two years. I think his improvement there is notable and a plus. Also, the decrease in fumbling was a plus. I think there was notable improvement last year.

Also, my stat was off. It doesn't seem like we were top ten in any meaningful statistic in 2012 that I can see.

If the defense, would have held on to many of those leads Cam gave them his first two years, I don't think his other "failures" would have been noticed.

Remember, many of those losses the defense blew, would have been counted as 4th Qtr comebacks.

I think the Panthers "struggled" with 4th Qtr redzone offense last season, cause defenses packed it tight, and the Panthers did not have receivers who were tall and strong enough, and/or fought for the ball.

Just look at last year in the playoffs against San Fran (albeit a great defense) on the goal line?

But I hear ya.

Archived