• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USAToday: Cam is "one of the NFL’s most electric players/took a huge jump last season"

gettlemanjack

I'm not sure I agree about the huge jump.

Cam has seen a constant steady progression of his game.

That progression resulted in wins last year.  I agree that he's steadily progressed but national media didn't notice until last year because they weren't winning before that.

The defenses progression resulted in wins last year. Cam was never the problem. 

Funny, how the defense the national media touts so much now, could barely be mentioned Newton's first two years, when they were costing the Panther wins at the end of games.

Now, if the Panthers have another great year, and the offense produces, will Newton have/take another "huge jump" in consecutive years (or did the WR group last year REALLY Suck, unlike what the media told us)??

Wasn't our defense top 10 two years ago? I think Cam did show improvement with game winning drives and fumbling this year, which was a big help.

Regardless of what the defenses overall ranking was in 2012, they cost the Panthers several games at the end, by not holding leads Cam and the offense gave them. So yes, they were the problem.

This is where, you have to actually watch or remember (in case you forgot) the games.

Note: I mentioned "watch" for the national media, not you.

Regardless of what the defenses overall ranking was in 2012, they cost the Panthers several games at the end, by not holding leads Cam and the offense gave them. So yes, they were the

problem.

This is where, you have to actually watch or remember (in case you forgot) the games.

Note: I mentioned "watch" for the national media,

not you.

How dare you insult the national media by suggesting they do their jobs.

Regardless of what the defenses overall ranking was in 2012, they cost the Panthers several games at the end, by not holding leads Cam and the offense gave them. So yes, they were the problem.

Note: I mentioned "watch" for the national media, not you.

That's true. But Cam did struggle 4th quarter of close games in the redzone his first two years. I think his improvement there is notable and a plus. Also, the decrease in fumbling was a plus. I think there was notable improvement last year.

Also, my stat was off. It doesn't seem like we were top ten in any meaningful statistic in 2012 that I can see.

Wasn't our defense top 10 two years ago? I think Cam did show improvement with game winning drives and fumbling this year, which was a big help.

They ended the season with a top ten defense, they struggled mightily during the start of season. The Panthers went from 24th to 9th I believe, which was all thanks to Kuechly.

One thing they may have gotten wrong is I don't think Smith and Cam where close at all. I think that that Cam and K.B are tighter in three months then Smith and him ever where.Smith was never tight with anyone on this team that I can remember.....weird bird. Another media misconception from those who are not closely watching this team.

Archived