• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Morning camp report- August 10

bigjohn

My youngest brother and I headed down to camp this morning. Pretty cool trip.

Random Observations:

Don't wear your freaking Patriots jersey to Panthers Camp-- you and your son should save the money and go up north dammit.:cuss:

DWill didn't practice but I have to say his laugh is infectious. He was joking around and had that giant grin on his face every time you looked at him.

NFL players stretching and warming up are just like high school kids. Some work 100% seriously and some are just going through the motions.

Get there early-- we were there around 8:40 and many players were out going through some one on one drills.

Moose looks like he could play for another 10 years. Dude is in unbelieveable shape, and runs perfect routes.

I like the intensity of the defense, and especially of Meeks. He got into Dante Wesley's stuff pretty good after Dante showed some poor technique on a one-on-one man coverage drill and then didn't finish. Several times (as stated here many times) you could really tell that flying to the ball was the emphasis.

I hope we can find a way to keep Flametta. He just looks like a beast. Also noticed Hoover giving him a few tips at one point.

Dwill, Beason and Davis did not practice.

Jarrett looked great today. Caught several passes in scrimmage, showed incredible hands.

Good footwork drills for the QB's. All three looked pretty good today.

Goodson can absolutely smoke. Also showed he wasn't afraid to stick his head in there on a couple of goaline plays.

Special teams coach lit up the kick return team ("What the F### was that??") pretty good.

Steve Smith.... 7 on 7 drills at one point he said "I've got to catch a damn pass sometime today....that's all I'm saying...some damn time today". He hadn't been thrown to yet. Later he made a great catch in traffic. Get him the damn ball. He also was instructing some of the younger receivers a couple different times. The guy is easily the most impressive guy in camp-- he just stands out in everything. He's so small, but damn he's dynamite, super competitive...things we all know but it's neat to see it first hand.

Got to see Jerry Richardson there with Rucker. We were pretty close to him when he was talking to Jake and Kasey. He's lost a lot of weight but seemed healthy otherwise.

John Fox has lost quite a bit of weight, but seems like he always does then gains it back during the season (I understand that deal..the life of a coach).

Smitty is a joker. Moose was propping his foot on his helmet and Smith threw the football and knocked the helmet out from under him. Moose tried to chase Smitty but of course Steve took off... Stewart and DeAngelo were laughing. Those four hung out during some down time and seemed to be having a good time together.

Overall, I was impressed with the intensity of the goal line live play, and the 7 on 7.

Jarrett and Robinson looked great at receiver. Barnidge is a player. Shwartz showed some promise on the OL. Gamble made some plays but also got torched once by Robinson.

Good times...

My youngest brother and I headed down to camp this morning. Pretty cool trip.

Random Observations:

Don't wear your freaking Patriots jersey to Panthers Camp-- you and your son should save the money and go up north dammit.:cuss:

DWill didn't practice but I have to say his laugh is infectious. He was joking around and had that giant grin on his face every time you looked at him.

NFL players stretching and warming up are just like high school kids. Some work 100% seriously and some are just going through the motions.

Get there early-- we were there around 8:40 and many players were out going through some one on one drills.

Moose looks like he could play for another 10 years. Dude is in unbelieveable shape, and runs perfect routes.

I like the intensity of the defense, and especially of Meeks. He got into Dante Wesley's stuff pretty good after Dante showed some poor technique on a one-on-one man coverage drill and then didn't finish. Several times (as stated here many times) you could really tell that flying to the ball was the emphasis.

I hope we can find a way to keep Flametta. He just looks like a beast. Also noticed Hoover giving him a few tips at one point.

Dwill, Beason and Davis did not practice.

Jarrett looked great today. Caught several passes in scrimmage, showed incredible hands.

Good footwork drills for the QB's. All three looked pretty good today.

Goodson can absolutely smoke. Also showed he wasn't afraid to stick his head in there on a couple of goaline plays.

Special teams coach lit up the kick return team ("What the F### was that??") pretty good.

Steve Smith.... 7 on 7 drills at one point he said "I've got to catch a damn pass sometime today....that's all I'm saying...some damn time today". He hadn't been thrown to yet. Later he made a great catch in traffic. Get him the damn ball. He also was instructing some of the younger receivers a couple different times. The guy is easily the most impressive guy in camp-- he just stands out in everything. He's so small, but damn he's dynamite, super competitive...things we all know but it's neat to see it first hand.

Got to see Jerry Richardson there with Rucker. We were pretty close to him when he was talking to Jake and Kasey. He's lost a lot of weight but seemed healthy otherwise.

John Fox has lost quite a bit of weight, but seems like he always does then gains it back during the season (I understand that deal..the life of a coach).

Smitty is a joker. Moose was propping his foot on his helmet and Smith threw the football and knocked the helmet out from under him. Moose tried to chase Smitty but of course Steve took off... Stewart and DeAngelo were laughing. Those four hung out during some down time and seemed to be having a good time together.

Overall, I was impressed with the intensity of the goal line live play, and the 7 on 7.

Jarrett and Robinson looked great at receiver. Barnidge is a player. Shwartz showed some promise on the OL. Gamble made some plays but also got torched once by Robinson.

Good times...

Much appreciation to ya brotha.

Thanks Big John. Great observations! Love all the little details that reporters would either miss or not write about.

Pats jersey guy could be a scout with the amount of guys who played for Carolina that they end up with...lol

I don't think a scout for the Pats would wear a Pats Jersey.

Was he filming our practice?!!! :eek:

Maybe his son had a secret hidden camera and they were to report to Belichick mid December...

Everywhere his spies slip through our nets.....

:D

Now this isn't food for the en vogue breeds of goldfish (Twits, Twats and Twankers). Thanks!! The beat reporters used to deliver at least some of this type of info about camp, but it seems they don't feel the need to do it anymore now that they've joined Twaddle Nation.

Yeah..I'm on twitter just to follow a few work-related things, but I REFUSED to tweet at or about camp.

I used to write for my college newspaper so even though I'm a computer geek, I am a bit of a traditionalist.

My only two complaints about camp: Not getting to watch Beason, Williams, and Davis practice.... and, more importantly- No Huddle Kittens! :(

Archived