• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A trade conspiracy theory....

Jeremy Igo

Actually, while I was joking, it's possible.

Again, their GM is one of the dumbest in the league AND Kalil isn't living up to the billing.

how is rick spielman one of the dumbest GMs in the league... ?

matt kalil, cordy patterson, xavier rhodes, harrison smith, sharrif floyd, teddy bridgewater (who they sniped houston for), anthony barr... getting some good young personnel on that team. he's amazing at netting elite potential in the first without gutting the team.

mike zimmer and norv turner are a great coaching duo and easily the best hires of this offseason.

vikings will likely be 2nd in the north in 2015 if bridgewater pans out. really good OL, great RB, maybe the best ST in the league, defense that is growing under zimmer, etc.

anyway i don't what who the hell we'd trade frank alexander for. no idea why anyone is mentioning the titans and roos. they're switching to a 3-4 under ray horton.

teams that could maybe use a DE: lions, bears, bengals, broncos, raiders, cowboys. do they have any worthwhile OTs up for trade? i have no idea though i'm sure oakland and dallas are as barren as we are as far as depth goes.

You would pass on a trade for a legit OT because he wouldn't be able to play until October? I wouldn't.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Question I have is....why would you trade Frank when Hardy is probably on his way out next year?

I suppose that it's possible that Hardy's legal troubles could be the best thing that ever happened when it comes to negotiating a new contract.  However,  I still get the impression that Hardy's going to want big money and I'm not sure it would be wise to pay him what's he going to ask, especially if you have big Frank ready to step up saving us about 10 million bucks.

Don't be so quick to throw hardy under the bus. He's really hungry this season and it would be unwise to get rid of him period.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Not throwing him under the bus, but he has much more trade value than Alexander, etc.  Would like to keep him but thinking beyond this year, we already have big money tied-up in 'big money CJ'.  I don't see them paying Hardy with big contracts coming for Cam and Luke. 

I feel like there's a better chance we'd find a partner by trading a future pick than Alexander. I know trading future picks is unpopular, and something I don't care for either...

But I could be talked into sending a 4th or so in order to get a decent starting LT. Have another good year, and you're looking at basically giving up pick around 120. Either that, or have OL issues potentially be the one crippling problem for this team and no return trip to the playoffs. 

Right... is that why they've been one of the worst offensive squads in the past 2-3 years? Nevermind that he overpaid Munnerlyn and one of their DEs based on potential but the Vikings have solely been Ponder handing it off to AP in hopes that he breaks off a long run for a TD.

the offense scored nearly 400 points last season and was by all means average.

christian ponder was a bust yeah but besides him i think they had tavaris jackson, donovan mcnabb, and joe webb. who all sucked. besides his first rounders since have been good... ?

captain is a good player and griffen averaged 6 sacks as a 3rd DE for the past three years. and he's a great STer. there isn't really a reason to think he won't do really well with more playtime.

do you hate the vikings or something lol

the offense scored nearly 400 points last season and was by all means average.

christian ponder was a bust yeah but besides him i think they had tavaris jackson, donovan mcnabb, and joe webb. who all sucked. besides his first rounders since have been good... ?

captain is a good player and griffen averaged 6 sacks as a 3rd DE for the past three years. and he's a great STer. there isn't really a reason to think he won't do really well with more playtime.

do you hate the vikings or something lol

I have to see a winning record first. I see the Vikings as last in that division.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived