• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sky...Falling...Panic..Steve Smith Hurt

Delhommey

Take away his number one target and he would have to spread the ball around. Either that, or confirm everything that everyone has said about him since the Arizona game.

Of course, I feel it's important to point out that his number one target won't be missing too much, if any, of the preseason.

Which he's proven he can do, 04 season, against SD, and CHI last season. Personally I would take Smith out of the plays most of TC and let Jake get comfy with the other guys. We have the fire power to be a pass happy offense if we wanted to, of course we are built for the run but with guys like Barnidge, Jarrett, Goodson, Moose, Smith, Robinson, King, and Rosario there is no reason for our offense to become anemic when the run game is off.

Something that stuck out to me about last season was when Fox commented on Rosario's performance at SD. He said something like, well we didn't have Smith so we game planned around Rosario. Why don't we integrate some of the other talent we have on this team? I'm sure Smith would be much obliged. Help take his double team's off, and help him stay healthier.

I think they are getting the picture though.

Look, if Smitty was gone then they would figure something out and scheme differently. If Henning could make Colbert look like a star in Smitty's absence, don't you think Davidson would be able to adapt? It's actually kind of fun speculating who would emerge in his absence. I think Barnidge and Moore, but who knows?

There's no doubt that we're a better team with him than without him, but to say we're done if he's gone is to say that Williams, Stewart, Delhomme, Peppers, Beason, Gamble, and all the rest don't matter. We've got a hell of a good team, and we're going to win a lot this year. So chill out a little.

Besides, we already know he's ok. Relax.

how could i forget the year of meshawn when we went 8-8. 04 was mushin's year and i think we went 7-9 with the game ending playing against new orleans and got our field goal blocked at the end. dont know why im thinking of that year of 04 all of sudden (deja vu maybe).

and also in the new orleans game of 04, if we would have won that game we would have been a wild card in the playoffs, correct? (i think im thinking straight, but i've been drinking as well):cheers2:

you mo fo's are about the biggest bunch of pestimistic women i've ever seen. maybe you can wait and see what the f**king injury is before crying, babies.

:Yawn:

This is an example of why twitter blows.

:cool:

yall sound like some bitches. for the love of god wait untill we hear something instead of some stupid ass tweet. have faith everyone, except zod he believes in nothing.

:Yawn:

x-rays negative

:hurray:

oh did we mention SS is a drama queen?

:lol:

From now on. I think he should wear a red jersey.

By the way, my advice to Gamble is...do not stand too close to SS on the sidelines.

:sifone:

Dwayne Jarrett, come on down!!!!!

Good time to see what he can do!

So far I hear that X-rays are negative so it wasn't separated, broken or seriously sprained. He won't play in preseason because it makes sense to give it time to rest plus we need to see the others guys fighting for a spot.

Rumours of his demise appear to be very premature at this time.

:)

beeeeeeeeeep boop beep beep boop boop

hater...

I'm so glad I wasn't on tonite... :driving:

Archived