• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' new top 3 WRs "have really stepped up/have really meshed very nicely," KB's popularity soaring

gettlemanjack

Ron Rivera on Kelvin Benjamin, Jerricho Cotchery

and Jason Avant:

"Those three guys have really stepped up and have really showed that they've meshed very nicely," Rivera said Tuesday as the Panthers wrapped up their training camp

Steve Reed, sportswriter for The Associated Press in Charlotte, N.C. said:

"The 6-foot-5, 240-pound Benjamin's popularity in the Carolinas has soared after a strong training camp and a spectacular stumbling, diving catch in the end zone in the Panthers preseason opener against Buffalo. As Benjamin left the practice field Tuesday, hundreds of fans began chanting "Kel-vin! Kel-vin!" in unison while trying to lure him over to sign autographs."

Benjamin said: "You can always get better."

As for the fans chanting his name, Benjamin looked over and said, "I think they're excited for a receiver to come in and start making plays for them. I think everybody is."

https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/sports/news/rivera-panthers-found-answers-wr-200948372--nfl.html

I was disappointed seeing it was only Rivera saying this, by the thread title with the quotation marks, I thought it was espn saying this. Ofcourse Rivera is going to say this.

Well if ESPN said it was true, then I would be disappointed since everything they saw rarely is true.

Espn still claims our WR unit is a dumpster fire with absolutely no NFL quality starters.                    I'd pay more attention to the HC that has to hype up his own players over a site that  hasn't paid attention to us since we released 89.

I was disappointed seeing it was only Rivera saying this, by the thread title with the quotation marks, I thought it was espn saying this. Ofcourse Rivera is going to say this.

well he didn't praise the new OL in his recent Q & A...

Q. What position worries you most?

A. Well, I talk about the offensive line, but with what we saw Friday night (in the exhibition against Buffalo) I hope to see again Sunday night (against Kansas City). If we do I can be a little more confident in that group.

Q. Didn’t the run blocking concern you?

A. Oh without a doubt.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/08/11/3613850/carolina-panthers-tom-sorensens.html

Archived