• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Panthers could make history in the NFC South

gettlemanjack

I hope we go 9-7 and get a wild card. Its a win win. We get good draft position, we still get our first ever back to back winning seasons, we still make the playoffs and we dont have to worry about losing yet another game after a bye. I love Rivera but bye weeks have been our kryptonite under him, 0-4 after a bye under him.

So you would give up a bye and a home playoff game to move up a few spots in the draft?

So you would give up a bye and a home playoff game to move up a few spots in the draft?

Mostly for the fact we are 0-4 after a bye and we are a solid away team to begin with. We already tried our hand at a playoff bye and homefield and it didnt work out that well. Unless ofcourse we would have to play at Seattle then all bets are off lol

Mostly for the fact we are 0-4 after a bye and we are a solid away team to begin with. We already tried our hand at a playoff bye and homefield and it didnt work out that well. Unless ofcourse we would have to play at Seattle then all bets are off lol

I wouldn't read anything into how we are 0-4 after a bye week under Rivera. Panthers were 8-18 in the first 26 games under Rivera, a 30.7% win pct, so going 0-2 after bye weeks during that time should not surprise nobody.

Then we went 17-6 in the last 23 games under Rivera, including 0-2 in bye weeks (too small of a sample size) with the losses on the road at the 10-6 Cardinals and vs. the 14-5 49ers who went to the NFL Championship Game for the third straight season.

When Rivera was DC of the Chargers, they went 2-2 during bye weeks (2-1 regular season, 0-1 playoffs) and you could consider it 3-1 being that it wasn't the fault of Rivera's defense that the Chargers lost, after the bye week in the playoffs, 14-17 to the Jets (who went to the AFC Championship Game that year), as the Jets were only held to less than 17 points 5 times in 19 games that season (twice by Patriots)

I wouldn't read anything into how we are 0-4 after a bye week under Rivera. Panthers were 8-18 in the first 26 games under Rivera, a 30.7% win pct, so going 0-2 after bye weeks during that time should not surprise nobody.

Then we went 17-6 in the last 23 games under Rivera, including 0-2 in bye weeks (too small of a sample size) with the losses on the road at the 10-6 Cardinals and vs. the 14-5 49ers who went to the NFL Championship Game for the third straight season.

When Rivera was DC of the Chargers, they went 2-2 during bye weeks (2-1 regular season, 0-1 playoffs) and you could consider it 3-1 being that it wasn't the fault of Rivera's defense that the Chargers lost, after the bye week in the playoffs, 14-17 to the Jets (who went to the AFC Championship Game that year), as the Jets were only held to less than 17 points 5 times in 19 games that season (twice by Patriots)

Its just how we look overall after a bye, for some reason the team looks very lethargic after byes, like they have been off for monts or

9-7 seemed to work out just fine for the Giants a few yrs back.

And...10-6 didn't work out at all for the Cardinals last year. I give a fug about next year's draft.  Just win as many as we can. 9 wins probably won't make the playoffs again this year in the NFC.

Archived