• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Camp Report on Sirius

milwnfl71

Heres some notes from the Hurney interview -

WR's: Jarrett looking good. Kenny Moore having a good camp with returns and route running. Ryne also having a strong camp, is contender for a WR slot. Moose still has gas in the tank.

Tim/Pat very impressed with Goodson. Hurney says hes a threat whenever he touches the ball, getting better and better throughout camp. DB's respect his route running ability.

TE's: All three TE's offer unique strengths and they plan to use them all in different packages.

DLine: Taylor showing a lot of speed off the edge. CJ, Pep, Brown makes him feel like we've gotten better in pass rushing. Tim impressed by Brown, thinks he could play the run, Hurney agrees. Hurney says he has great work ethic, is a sponge at practice, constantly taking in knowledge from coaches/Pep. Hurney on Kemo: Attack the problem with numbers, ie rotation. Pep is happy and has been chummy with everyone.

OLine: Otah cearly looks better. Good Left Tackle depth through rearranging the line. Hurney thinks Bernadeau has been having a good camp and could fill in at center or guard if need be. Robinson also having a good camp, makes them confident in his abilities.

Beason, Deangelo, Stewart, Davis all close to coming back. They've just been extra careful with Beason. Davis should be back late this week or early next week.

Heres some notes from the Hurney interview -

WR's: Jarrett looking good. Kenny Moore having a good camp with returns and route running. Ryne also having a strong camp, is contending for final WR slot.

Tim/Pat very impressed with Goodson. Hurney says hes a threat whenever he touches the ball, getting better and better throughout camp. DB's respect his route running ability.

TE's: All three TE's offer unique strengths and they plan to use them all in different packages.

DLine: Taylor showing a lot of speed off the edge. CJ, Pep, Brown makes him feel like we've gotten better in pass rushing. Tim impressed by Brown, thinks he could play the run, Hurney agrees. Hurney says he has great work ethic, is a sponge at practice, constantly taking in knowledge from coaches/Pep. Hurney on Kemo: Attack the problem with numbers, ie rotation. Pep is happy and has been chummy with everyone.

OLine: Otah cearly looks better. Good Left Tackle depth through rearranging the line. Hurney thinks Bernadeau has been having a good camp and could fill in at center or guard if need be. Robinson also having a good camp, makes them confident in his abilities.

Beason, Deangelo, Stewart, Davis all close to coming back. They've just been extra careful with Beason. Davis should be back late this week or early next week.

thank you! + rep

Notes from Chris Harris Interview -

Loves the new system with Meeks. Big emphasis on getting to the ball. Doing Cover 3 and mixed in with Cover 2 and zone blitzes. Likes the TE's right now, thinks Barnidge is very athletic. Very excited to see Deangelo and Stewart again this year. Expects to see a great Jake this season, lost no confidence in Jake. Jarrett doing a good job on using his body with inside routes, better all around routes and good hands. Fiametta brings his hat everytime he's going to block, him and Hoover are pretty much the same guy. Really surprised with Captain, thinks hes had a good camp and will be competing for the nickel position.

sorry everyone. i'm leaving in 10 minutes. everyone should go take advantage of the 3 day trial on the sirius site to hear it for yourself. Jake's on now.

He still takes full responsibility for the playoff loss even though he doesn't have to. Thats a good leader. Also said he got a text the night of the SB saying Jerry was going into surgery so he feels like the loss was fate in a way cuz Jerry couldn't have made it to the game. At the same time he still doesn't feel good about the loss. Tim and Pat call Jake a top 10 QB as well. He's still on.

Notes from Chris Harris Interview -

Loves the new system with Meeks. Big emphasis on getting to the ball. Doing Cover 3 and mixed in with Cover 2 and zone blitzes. Likes the TE's right now, thinks Barnidge is very athletic. Very excited to see Deangelo and Stewart again this year. Expects to see a great Jake this season, lost no confidence in Jake. Jarrett doing a good job on using his body with inside routes, better all around routes and good hands. Fiametta brings his hat everytime he's going to block, him and Hoover are pretty much the same guy. Really surprised with Captain, thinks hes had a good camp and will be competing for the nickel position.

More praise for the Captain, more silence surrounding Sherrod. I hope that has more to do with Captain performing well for a 7th rounder rather than Martin being an invisible man at camp.

More praise for the Captain, more silence surrounding Sherrod. I hope that has more to do with Captain performing well for a 7th rounder rather than Martin being an invisible man at camp.

Speaking of which, I haven't heard them even ask a question to anyone about Sherrod... I'd like to know whats up with him, but maybe the silence says it all.

they haven't posted an interview on the training camp tour schedule page yet Fireball, but I think that is all that anyone will have access to now that the tour has moved on. I don't think you even have to have the free trial for that. unfortunately the online player lacks features that the radios have. unable to pause. that is the one i'd like to see put in. the stiletto allows you to record from the air to mp3, and the online player won't do that either.

Archived