• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Insider ranks Panthers OL the worst in the NFL

gettlemanjack

Preseason rankings are pretty worthless, but honestly, most of us have been working under the assumption that we do in fact have the weakest OL in the league on paper.

exactly, right now the facts don't lie but I think our O-line is going to be fine. Doubt they'll be dominate but they'll be respectable and won't be as weak as advertised. They've been hearing this all offseason and only will grow and get better with time barring any injuries. 

Good. I hope this is displayed in the OL room for all to see.

Pretty much what we have to hope for.  The OL has to work together as a unit more than any other unit on a football team.  We have to hope that they band together and that the whole turns out to be more than the sum of the parts.

Well, the Seahawks supposedly had the #32 ranked OL last year.  As long as we win the Lombardi, works for me. 

PS-For the love of Pete, do SOMETHING before Sept. 7 GMan!!! 

FWIW, I've heard some SEA fans still complaining about their line like it's hella bad

Apparently they rank our DL and DE poorly as well

@macwfnz: @pff ranks our Edge Rushers 7th and our Interior D-Line 19th. Are you kidding me?

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

Just wow. I'd like to hear the rationale behind that one. We have the same personnel with more experience.

Apparently they rank our DL and DE poorly as well

@macwfnz: @pff ranks our Edge Rushers 7th and our Interior D-Line 19th. Are you kidding me?

they must be hurting for clicks from the carolinas then bc that's straight trolling.

Do the ESPN morons understand that Wharton wasn't on our roster at this time last year? He didn't sign until 8/25.

I understand the OT questions because I also have them, but our interior guys should be fine.

ESPN still pays Chris Berman to work for them. Think about that. That fact alone automatically dismisses all of their content and the content of their subsidiaries as corn filled crap.

If Jake Matthews continues to struggle for the Falcons they could be up there too.  

Sorry to sidetrack from the gag reflex absurdity of our DL ranking, but I didn't know he was struggling?  I read not too long ago he looked good.  Great news if true. 

Archived