• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster Projection - Preseason Week 2

Jeremy Igo

Here is an update of my original roster projection. Already, there have been a few changes...

QBs - 2

Cam Newton

Derek Anderson

No change here. Joe Webb looked decent, but not worth a roster spot that will in all likelihood never see the field.

Recievers - 6

Kelvin Benjamin

Jericho Cotchery

Jason Avant

Brenton Bersin

Tavarres King

Philly Brown

Why the change? Philly Brown has shown me that he has what it takes to succeed. He had 3 nice grabs in the first preseason game against the Bills and also played well on special teams. Some guys rise to the occasion on gamedays, Philly currently looks like one of them. Throw in the fact that he is still returning punts in practice and his stock just keeps getting higher.

Underwood has less of an upside, we may have already seen him at his best in Tampa Bay.

Tight Ends - 4

Greg Olsen

Ed Dickson

Richie Brockel

Brandon Williams

No change here. McNeil's injury only solidifies this early projection.

Running Backs - 4

Jonathan Stewart

Mike Tolbert

Deangelo Williams

Darrin Reaves

Barner is very close to being cut from this team already. I expect him to get a good number of carries on Sunday night so that the team can really give him a full evaluation. I feel he will fall short. I like Reaves a lot. I'd hate to see this rookie on another team this season. The Panthers need hard nosed runners behind this offensive line, and Reaves has shown he is just that.

Offensive Line - 10

Nate Chandler

Trai Turner

Ryan Kalil

Amini Silatolu

Byron Bell

Garry Williams

Chris Scott

Brian Folkerts

Fernando Velasco

Andrew McDonald

No change here.... yet. Once other teams cuts happen there will be.

Defensive Line - 9

Charles Johnson

Star Lotulelei

Dwan Edwards

Greg Hardy

Kawaan Short

Colin Cole

Kony Ealy

Wes Horton

Mario Addison

No change. Also Wes Horton has been playing pretty well. We may see more playing time for him.

Linebackers - 6

Luke Keuchly

Thomas Davis

AJ Klein

Chase Blackburn

Jason Williams

Ben Jacobs

No change, best in the NFL.

Corners - 5

Antione Cason

Melvin White

Bene Benwikere

Josh Norman

James Dockery

Dockery has played more consistent than Thomas at this point. He is a physical guy that can match up well against the large receivers of the NFC South.

Coach Rivera has had much praise for Josh Norman this year, stating he is now conforming to the scheme.

Safeties - 4

Roman Harper

Thomas Decoud

Robert Lester

Colin Jones

Sticking with this as well. Tre Boston has said he hopes to make the team, but I see him on IR, sadly.

Place Kicker

Graham Gano

Punter

Brad Nortman

Long Snapper

JJ Jansen

Practice Squad

Marcus Lucas

Andrew Norwell

Carrington Byndom

I look for the Panthers to scour the wire to fill the rest of the practice squad, as they usually do.

Good to see that Philly has improved greatly since the start of TC. I love his potential as a returner.

I honestly am excited to see what he can do as a receiver. 

I mean, he has already shown more than Armanti... so he should have a few years.... right?

(runs away)

Was Cotchery #1 on your original depth chart? If so, has Benjamin surpassed him or are they considered 1a and 1b?

Seems like Kelvin is gonna be the #1 in any single wide sets.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

This is a roster, not so much a depth chart. Way too difficult to tell what the coaches are thinking with as much as they swap WRs in and out of the first string.

BUT.... yeah, Kelvin is a first stringer... no doubt. He is our best WR already.

On NFL AM this morning, Lavar Arington picked the Panthers as the team to challenge the Hawks for the NFC crown. Looking at the roster above, man it's hard to see it unless that o-line over achieves.

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

I'm not so sure Alexander doesn't make the team. He is our 3rd best DE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Zod probably didnt list him because he will be suspended for 4 games and wont count against the roster. other sources seem to think that Wes Horton will get the axe to make room for Alexander once his suspension is over

On NFL AM this morning, Lavar Arington picked the Panthers as the team to challenge the Hawks for the NFC crown. Looking at the roster above, man it's hard to see it unless that o-line over achieves.

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

i agree. i do hold out hope that we can be a playoff team, even win a playoff game, this year. but unless the OL made leaps and bounds from now until Week 1, i doubt this team could challenge any of the others for the NFC crown. i am not expecting a super bowl year unless the OL surprises

though if we make it to the playoff dance then anything is possible...

Archived