• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bersin vs Godfrey

Jeremy Igo

Bersin is looking like a beast.

I actually feel bad for Godfrey...  He has looked absolutely horrible in every .gif/video/pic I have seen.  He was never great in man coverage anyway, but he is absolutely getting abused now and definitely looks like he is lacking something from that injured ankle.

I really wish they would've brought him along as a corner from the jump, as I think that was what he was better suited for coming into the league.  Now, he's how many years in?  He was among the worst safeties in football prior to the injury (not opinion, based on statistics) and now he's coming off of an injury that usually takes more than a year to recover from, AND learning a new position after taking a paycut.  It's not looking good.

Godfrey is a nickle/dime zone and a special teams player. As well as a back up safety. He stays. Has has a lot of value for what he will bring to those areas. Stop evaluating him as a starting CB who can be put on an island with a receiver.

I would take Godfrey over a CB who is okay at man coverage and can maybe start at CB, but sucks in zone, cannot back-up at safety, and brings little to noting on special teams because he is not very physical. Like a Josh Norman or Josh Thomas.

Seen the Panther Camp show last Saturday and they were interviewing Bersin..definitely dedicated to the Panthers 3 rd year trying out for them and sounded like was doing great from coach R so maybe this is his year and will do great things for us!!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

He would make one hell of a story. He has most def benefitted from "knowing people", but the work he put in is real and that is more than commendable. I hope he makes it. Looks like the kid wants it and that's what we need.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

I'm really pulling for Bersin but...  That looked more like a major failure on Godfrey's part than anything exceptional by Bersin.  Bersin stutter steps, Godfrey has the inside, yet seems to have no idea what direction he is going next? 

Archived