• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte MLS Team?

fitty76

dope.  so is there any chance of this new team becoming MLS in the future?

It would also be pretty trill if they could get all the teams games broadcasted locally, that would be a massive step 

The goal is MLS.

It will be owned by the same group that owns the Charlotte Hounds (MLL team).

They managed to get the Hounds home games broadcast locally, so hopefully they'll be able to do the same for the soccer team.

They're also willing to help dump money into Memorial Stadium to help improve the game day experience there. They're adding new bathrooms and concession areas right now I believe.

The goal is MLS.

It will be owned by the same group that owns the Charlotte Hounds (MLL team).

They managed to get the Hounds home games broadcast locally, so hopefully they'll be able to do the same for the soccer team.

They're also willing to help dump money into Memorial Stadium to help improve the game day experience there. They're adding new bathrooms and concession areas right now I believe.

this is awesome.  I'm prepared to give this team my full support, I would buy season tickets but I'm in college in Boone right now so I wouldn't be able to attend a lot of the games.  It would be sick if they could add some pubs/bars/restaurants in the area but I know I'm probably getting ahead of myself there.  Memorial Stadium really should work great

dope.  so is there any chance of this new team becoming MLS in the future?

It would also be pretty trill if they could get all the teams games broadcasted locally, that would be a massive step 

The new owners want to join MLS, but as expansion candidates go, Charlotte is probably pretty far down the list.

I don't think USL Pro teams have tv packages. But all the matches are streamed online, live.

The new owners want to join MLS, but as expansion candidates go, Charlotte is probably pretty far down the list.

I don't think USL Pro teams have tv packages. But all the matches are streamed online, live.

I heard that MLS paid very close attention to the game played in BoA in August and came away very impressed with how well Charlotte embraced the sport.

I don't think we're extremely far down the list, although I also don't think we're in the top 3.

I read somewhere that MLS wants to see the new team average >8,000 to give the city any serious consideration for an MLS franchise. No idea if that is true though.

Archived