• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I love LT

JawnyBlaze

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hall-of-fame/0ap2000000373295/Lawrence-Taylor-entertains-Hall-of-Fame-panel

LT was my favorite player ever in the NFL for a long time, til Smitty climbed up to sit on that perch with him.  The first football game I ever watched was the Washington vs Buffalo Super Bowl and after that I got this NFL Films vhs tape (don't remember the name) but there was an LT segment where he's hyped up and that's when I fell in love with him.  LT is probably the biggest singular reason I fell in love with football.  This interview was hilarious, especially toward the end.  Paraphrased excerpts:

"How many sacks would you get if you played the game today?"

"Man, in my day they'd pass 20 or 30 times a game.  These days they're throwing 60.  Just give me a Red Bull and it would be over."

"You wouldn't think Strahan would be a mean guy on the field, with that gap and all."

"When Strahan got to the Giants I tried to teach him a thing or two about life.  Luckily he didn't listen to any of it."

Archived