• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ending DirectTV

pantherclaw

As much as I want DirectTV, I'm terminating the subscription.

After all the delays of getting installation, then not even receiving an HD DVR upon installation, as per our request ~ now they wish to charge us $199 for the upgrade, even though there is evidence all throughout their notes, that we already should have the equipment, and we've been getting charged for the HD access.

Goodbye directtv

DirectTV has changed their mind. Not only are they going to give us the HDDVD for free, they are also going to credit our account another $50 above and beyond the free HDDVD.

Glad they are owning up to their mistake. Just wish it hadn't taken so long for them to take care of this.

I was speaking with a superviser/manager on Monday. And all he did was try to stone wall me, hiding behind the original work order which was entered with mistakes. I mean, really, if we aren't suppose to have the HDDVD, and HD programming to begin with, then why have we been charged the HD programming fee each month. He still stood fast to the original work order. Dumbass.

My wife, knowing how much I love the NFL ticket (not that it matters now that the regular season is over) called back, and spoke with another person, who was once again trying to stone wall us, and she just backed me up, saying we'd drop the service all together if this situation wasn't fixed. The next manager she spoke to was much nicer about everything, and made things happen.

watch out when they install the stuff.... I had an hddvr installed not long ago and when the guy called to activate it or whatever he signed me up for some insurance and other bs that ended up on my bill. Then they tried to charge me a disconnect fee for cancelling the insurance before so many months when I never requested to have it in the first place.

NFL network, and Sunday ticket are a must have in my house, but I am sick of their poo as well. I am not under contract with them, and sick of there little price increases since I signed up for this poo.

They will be gone as soon as I can get another Dish throwed up on my roof top as well.

fugers charging me well over 50 bucks a month now(originally 29), for plain, basic, poo. Not anymore. I don't even have a DVR at this house, and on this account......so I am done with them. Hello Dish, or whoever comes up with the best to offer.

Archived