• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers could be watching Titans' DT situation

scpanther22

I think we need a big one. We don't need another 300 lb DT. I think the jumbo size is what we want. Vickerson is 305 and King is 280. If we are gonna replace KEMO lets get a KEMO size replacement. I know Meeks like the sleek DT but if you don't have a big body in there somewhere to push around the O-LIne. Our LB's aren't going to be as effective.

Go Panthers

there are plenty of DT that do a good job at keeping LB clean..you dont have to be 350 pounds

I heard an interview with Trent Edwards on PTI last week I think and they asked him if he's sick of talking about TO already. He admitted it's frustrating the amount of questions he gets about it and he wants to talk/be asked more about the rest of the team and he has to make sure that frustration doesn't show. Wait until TO starts acting a fool or they are shown arguing on the sidelines. Poor kid.

The sad thing is that it's not even TO's fault anymore. The media (mainly ESPN) overhypes everything that comes out of the guy's mouth, whether it's something interesting or not.

BTW, I don't think the Panthers have to have somebody Kemo's size to play that position either. Buckner used to play that 1 technique, and he was nowhere close to 350lbs. It would be much better to have a guy that's done it before though.

I don't get Yas sometimes, I guess he just heard that the Titans would be cutting some talent from the AFC South blogger or something. Tennessee has seven DTs on their roster, and that's not a particularly large amount. Fourteen teams are currently carrying seven: Atlanta, Carolina, Chicago, Denver, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minnesota, New England, New Orleans, New York Giants, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, and Washington.

If you want to look at teams that will probably be cutting DTs early, go to Baltimore. The Ravens have nine DTs on the roster, including 4 NTs. Houston and Indianapolis both have eight, but I don't see us combing either of their rosters for talent, but I've been wrong (and very wrong) before...

Archived