• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers could be watching Titans' DT situation

scpanther22

It's a pretty safe bet the Tennessee Titans, who have an abundance of defensive tackles, are going to have to cut a player they like. If -- and I emphasize the word "if'' -- the Titans cut Kevin Vickerson, be ready for the Panthers to pounce on him. He's got good size, a little bit of experience and still has plenty of upside. One other Tennessee defensive tackle to keep an eye on is undrafted rookie Mitch King. He's having a nice camp, but could be a victim of numbers.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-13-54/Panthers-could-be-watching-Titans--DT-situation.html

Can we realistically wait to final roster cuts? I mean the one advantage is a player cut then will probably be cheaper, but the playbook knowlegde and comradeship will take weeks to foster.

i think we will wait for roster cuts anyway..i dont see us trading and there nobody out there now..

Can we realistically wait to final roster cuts? I mean the one advantage is a player cut then will probably be cheaper, but the playbook knowlegde and comradeship will take weeks to foster.

i think so. IMO a good vet that has some actual game experience is gonna be allot better than we have now, even if there not familiar with the playbook

I think we need a big one. We don't need another 300 lb DT. I think the jumbo size is what we want. Vickerson is 305 and King is 280. If we are gonna replace KEMO lets get a KEMO size replacement. I know Meeks like the sleek DT but if you don't have a big body in there somewhere to push around the O-LIne. Our LB's aren't going to be as effective.

Go Panthers

Archived