• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MLS v. EPL teams

MtnJax

Currently watching the KC v. Man City game and caught some of the Toronto v Tottanham game. MLS teams seem to be holding their own fairly well. Granted, some of these teams aren't playing with their starters

Any thoughts on these games so far? I'm looking forward to seeing the MLS All Stars v Bayern

The only thing I didn't like about the KC game is that they subbed out their entire starting 11 at the half while Man City kept theirs in. Basically waved the white flag

Toronto actually seemed like they were trying to win their game

First half of the game, Spurs were locking down Toronto and had a 2-0 lead. Honestly, it was kind of boring to watch. The second half had Toronto subbing in 8 and all 11 for the Spurs, and the game opened up a lot more after that. Made for a good game overall, and a nice show from both sides.

Still glad we won, but that's not the point of it for either side. It's a chance to give the younger guys a chance to compete on a world stage and fight for spots in the starting 11 without it being a game with any repercussions. So far, I'm enjoying this off-season tour - The Seattle game was awesome.

Archived