• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cubs vs. Phillies

2jakefansinva

True. Love for him to come over the ball more to keep elbow/shoulder injury possibilities at a minimum. It's almost an exaggerated Smoltz delivery without the falling off to the 1st base side.

but who are we to tell the Son of God how to pitch.......

Here is my Pedro pitching stat line predition for tonight:

IP: 5 2/3

Hits - 7

Runs- 3

BB - 2

K's - 3

Just curious, did you fly or drive up there?

2 round trip tickets and 3 night motel stay..........647.42

2 front row tickets in the bleachers hanging over the ivy.....$136.97

2 tickets for a tour of Wrigley Field this morning......$58.65

Look on my son's face the past 24 hrs............PRICELESS

Here is my Pedro pitching stat line predition for tonight:

Hits - 7

Runs- 3

BB - 2

K's - 3

I think your giving the Cubs too much credit......no way we score 3 runs on just 7 hits. NO WAY!

Your forgetting it took us 17 hits to score 5 runs last week.

2 round trip tickets and 3 night motel stay..........647.42

2 front row tickets in the bleachers hanging over the ivy.....$136.97

2 tickets for a tour of Wrigley Field this morning......$58.65

Look on my son's face the past 24 hrs............PRICELESS

Nice.

Enjoy the game tonight, I'll look for you on TV. Do me a favor and take your shirt off and paint a big red "P" on your chest so I know its you.

Here is my Pedro pitching stat line prediction for tonight:

Hits - 7

Runs- 3

BB - 2

K's - 3

Damn! Not that far off..... That Johnny Rockets is like Nostradamus Jr.

IP: 5 2/3 - 5

Hits - 7 - 7

Runs- 3 - 3

BB - 2 - 1

K's - 3 - 5

BTW...that punk in the outfield that threw that beer on Victorino should have gotten his ass kicked by a Philly fan.

For f**k's sake, Cubs!!

It's on like Donkey Kong Friday......time to crush your hopes.

Due to some extreme circumstances we were forced to cancel this years trip down for the series. :(

Had to listen to some guys at the gym talking about how they were leaving to go down Friday morning. They almost got a dumbell across the forehead.

Nice move by the Cubs......not a whole lot more they can do.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AjI.yT7yFM.jjWYoYPOU2tURvLYF?slug=ap-phillies-victorinoapology&prov=ap&type=lgns

CHICAGO (AP)—The chairman of the Chicago Cubs apologized in person to Philadelphia star Shane Victorino(notes) on Thursday, a day after the center fielder was showered with beer at Wrigley Field.

A man in the bleachers threw a cup of beer on Victorino as he was catching a fly ball in the Phillies’ 12-5 win Wednesday night.

“I said, ‘Listen, sorry,”’ Cubs chairman Crane Kenney said after apologizing to Victorino near the Phillies’ dugout before Thursday’s game.

“It shouldn’t have happened here. It’s not a good reflection on our city or organization,” he said. “We’re going to do whatever we can to make sure that things are made right here. And he said, ‘I know you are and I appreciate your help.”’

I'm embarassed today.

By my fellow fan doing something stupid like that, AND the performance of the team, which I called before the series started. Nail, meet coffin.

But I have to ask JR......did Philly battery throwing fans ever get prosecuted? The snowball throwers?

From what I hear, they are gonna throw the BOOK at this guy.

Gonna try for battery.

But I have to ask JR......did Philly battery throwing fans ever get prosecuted? The snowball throwers?

From what I hear, they are gonna throw the BOOK at this guy.

Gonna try for battery.

Don't know...all that was really before my time ....

I am not taking shots at the Cubs fanbase though because I know that Philly fans are more than capable of doing that each and every day. One person doesn't reflect an entire fanbase. It sucks that it is part of the game in so many places but it is.

Don't know...all that was really before my time ....

How bout the laser pointer douche from a few weeks ago.

My sister is up in arms over this Victorino thing...you'd think someone jumped over the ivy with a machete and went after him. A lazy fly ball and a mini shower of beer ain't exactly the recipe for 15 days on the DL. Sure it was classless douchebaggery but please, Phillies fans, consider your past, long ago and recent before whining too loudly. Somehow, to them, this is much worse than distracting a batter with a laser while he's about to face a baseball hurling at him at 90/90+ mph. Puhleeze.

Archived