• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your away game watching spots/ritual/setups?

pstall

I rotate from the casa and going nutso in the Gameday thread to up the street to Angry Ales.

Got a good crew of friends we try to host an away game and based on the city the Panthers are playing in, have food related to that.

I'm always looking for some fresh idea, places to watch.

cheers

you don't even know what watching an away game is until you seen one at the Derby in Norcross

numerous posters here can attest

it's a nasty little dive where the beer is warm, the air smells like newports, and bathrooms never work, and you're probably going to get jumped by a drunk cowboys fan

but all the out of town fans in atlanta go there to watch the game and it's an absolute disaster every single sunday. only way to get drunk and watch a game.

I make a batch of hot wings and a chicago style deep dish pizza. Spend the first half eating and drinking rum, the second half I switch to beer. The innards of the pizza, the mixture of the wing sauce, and the beer of choice switch from week to week. Never the same combo twice in a season.

Should be real interesting since this is the first year I'm going to some away games. I don't know what to do with myself.

Some days I would get out of bed a little hungover at 12:30, take a quick shower, eat a banana and some cereal just in time for kickoff. It's better to wake up just in time for kickoff, otherwise I go crazy from anticipation.

One ritual i will never do again is my dads friend bought me a panther hat and the first time i wore it was before the cards playoff game. It hangs on the side of the dresser now.

I can't wait till' I'm 21. It's really silly that I could go get a lapdance and watch the game yet I can't go sit at a bar and watch the game.

I make a batch of hot wings and a chicago style deep dish pizza. Spend the first half eating and drinking rum, the second half I switch to beer. The innards of the pizza, the mixture of the wing sauce, and the beer of choice switch from week to week. Never the same combo twice in a season.

Should be real interesting since this is the first year I'm going to some away games. I don't know what to do with myself.

If this were me, I would pray for no overtime. I'd miss it while on the toilet.

Being in Alaska the "game day" experience is a lot different.

Because I coach football until Oct 1st my schedule is a little whacked out. After that this is how my Sunday goes;

Wake up at 6am, go the grocery store and get a dozen of fresh baked donuts for the kids. Then I get back home by 7:00am and start laying out breakfast for my family or anyone who will be coming over (every weekend I have a crowd because I am one of few with NFL Sunday Ticket)....

Then I start cooking breakfast at 7:30am while watching the Panther Huddle on DTv.

By 8:00 am I am done with breakfast and watching the Fox pregame show while drinking Baileys and coffee ;)

Then kickoff for me is 9:00am, by then I am in one of my Jerseys and nervous as hell.

From there its game on and after the morning game i start cooking lunch which is either hot wings or burgers, or Carolina Lexington's style BBQ...

:)

Some days I would get out of bed a little hungover at 12:30, take a quick shower, eat a banana and some cereal just in time for kickoff. It's better to wake up just in time for kickoff, otherwise I go crazy from anticipation.

One ritual i will never do again is my dads friend bought me a panther hat and the first time i wore it was before the cards playoff game. It hangs on the side of the dresser now.

I can't wait till' I'm 21. It's really silly that I could go get a lapdance and watch the game yet I can't go sit at a bar and watch the game.

Buddy of mine a few years ago got a hat for Christmas and wore it over to my house for a game. I told him not to wear it tthat season since he didn't have it at the beginning. I bet Christmas presents have ruined alot of seasons. :mad:

:)

what kind of rum? neat? mixed?

Archived