• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some thoughts on Stephenson

MedellinHeel

-Charlotte offers Henderson to Orlando

-Charlotte offers Henderson to Denver

-Charlotte drafts PJ Hairston

-Charlotte signs Lance Stephenson

I think it's pretty clear what it means for Henderson and how the team views him.

The Henderson supporters don't believe you

Lance is one of the most aggressive offensive players in the league. You don't have to shoot 40 times to be aggressive. He's a ball dominant player who is either shooting or driving & creating for teammates almost every play.

He is aggressive in looking to get open looks for his teammates. But he is not aggressive in looking for his own shot. He is admittedly a pass first player. We will be needing him to look for his shot more here in Cha. 

I gotta admit, my knowledge of Stephenson was rather limited prior to this year / offseason. All I knew was that he was a highly rated prep player who until last year never really lived up to the hype. 

The past few days I have watched every Stephenson video on youtube and damn I was quite uninformed. This guy is a complete beast of a SG prospect. His handles, passing, defending, rebounding, finishing through contact, etc is all top notch. 

I honestly have a hard time thinking of better SG prospects in the NBA id rather have. Wade and Kobe are aging and have injury concerns. 

The only reason this guy doesn't average more points is because he is too unselfish. Stephenson imo can score or get buckets at will with his handle and array of moves. Not to mention creating dimes for other teammates. He was a bit overshadowed in Indy due to West and PG. I feel like here in Cha being a top option, he will average 18-22/5/5. 

I am afraid we are gonna be giving this guy a big long term contract in 1-2 years. Which wont be a bad thing imo. 

I was quite bummed we did not get Heyward, but now I am almost thinking Stephenson might just be potentially a better player for us overall. 

I can not wait to see him and Kemba in the backcourt together. 

I think Lance will be an excellent addition.  His signing has revitalized the fan base's outlook on the team.  His versatility we'll help in every facet.  His edge will make other teams not look forward to playing us.  

My only concern with Lance is his lack of explosiveness offensively.  Once he gets his momentum going he's tough to stop.  If he wants to be that max player though, he's got to be able to play above the rim more. For a guy who's 6'5/6'6 he puts up a lot of layups.   He has a great frame, and if he gets into the weight room and works on that explosion then he'll be a top 5 player in the league.

I love what he brings to the table now and that's his only glaring weakness that I see. 

I prefer Stephenson to do most of his damage inside the arc. The main area I see he needs to do better is get to the free throw line more which might not be a issue since he will no longer have West& Hi Bert camped in or around the lane

I think Lance will be an excellent addition. His signing has revitalized the fan base's outlook on the team. His versatility we'll help in every facet. His edge will make other teams not look forward to playing us.

My only concern with Lance is his lack of explosiveness offensively. Once he gets his momentum going he's tough to stop. If he wants to be that max player though, he's got to be able to play above the rim more. For a guy who's 6'5/6'6 he puts up a lot of layups. He has a great frame, and if he gets into the weight room and works on that explosion then he'll be a top 5 player in the league.

I love what he brings to the table now and that's his only glaring weakness that I see.

not trying to dunk every time he takes it to the rack might prolong his career as a top notch contributor. There is a ling list of guys who start to break down after 30 because they relied to much on athletic ability ( see D Wade& Vince Carter)

-Charlotte offers Henderson to Orlando

-Charlotte offers Henderson to Denver

-Charlotte drafts PJ Hairston

-Charlotte signs Lance Stephenson

I think it's pretty clear what it means for Henderson and how the team views him.

Problem is... apparently no one has told Clifford.

His passing and P&R ability - to me - are the game changers. A lot of SG's can shoot and create their own shots, and Lance is very good at both. But this guy's ability to kick the ball out and pass into the paint while he's on his way to the hoop makes me go SOLY SH*T DID HE JUST DO THAT.

He's the secondary ball handler we needed to replace McBob and the shot of offense that we didn't have before all packed into 1 person.

not trying to dunk every time he takes it to the rack might prolong his career as a top notch contributor. There is a ling list of guys who start to break down after 30 because they relied to much on athletic ability ( see D Wade& Vince Carter)

I don't really think you can include either one of those players in that example.  Vince has been playing in the league for what seems like 20 years and still getting decent contracts.  Wade is still a great player.  He just happens to have some knee problems but he's a starter on any team he goes too. He might not be able to single handedly win a championship any more....but when he did he played above the rim. Any player that's 32 or 33 loses a couple inches from their vert compared to when they were younger.

I don't really think you can include either one of those players in that example. Vince has been playing in the league for what seems like 20 years and still getting decent contracts. Wade is still a great player. He just happens to have some knee problems but he's a starter on any team he goes too. He might not be able to single handedly win a championship any more....but when he did he played above the rim. Any player that's 32 or 33 loses a couple inches from their vert compared to when they were younger.

Wade is still a great player but he's only played 70 or more games 1 time in the last 4 years, not to mention he's looked old & slow several times in the playoffs (he's only 32). Kobe & MJ were both playing 70 plus games & still producing at a high rate simply because they added to their games(posting up) & started to pull up on some of their drives instead of going to rack with reckless abandon like they did while younger

Wade is still a great player but he's only played 70 or more games 1 time in the last 4 years, not to mention he's looked old & slow several times in the playoffs (he's only 32). Kobe & MJ were both playing 70 plus games & still producing at a high rate simply because they added to their games(posting up) & started to pull up on some of their drives instead of going to rack with reckless abandon like they did while younger

Kobe and MJ also still each have their meniscus. Wade doesn't. That's why he has slowed down at an alarming rate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived