• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some thoughts on Stephenson

MedellinHeel

I can see Lance staying if the price is right. It's pretty obvious to me he is painfully infatuated with MJ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

And the plan slowly comes together.  We will be in the hunt for free agents for the next 15 years.  Aren't hornets worshiped in Pottsylvania?

I gotta admit, my knowledge of Stephenson was rather limited prior to this year / offseason. All I knew was that he was a highly rated prep player who until last year never really lived up to the hype. 

The past few days I have watched every Stephenson video on youtube and damn I was quite uninformed. This guy is a complete beast of a SG prospect. His handles, passing, defending, rebounding, finishing through contact, etc is all top notch. 

I honestly have a hard time thinking of better SG prospects in the NBA id rather have. Wade and Kobe are aging and have injury concerns. 

The only reason this guy doesn't average more points is because he is too unselfish. Stephenson imo can score or get buckets at will with his handle and array of moves. Not to mention creating dimes for other teammates. He was a bit overshadowed in Indy due to West and PG. I feel like here in Cha being a top option, he will average 18-22/5/5. 

I am afraid we are gonna be giving this guy a big long term contract in 1-2 years. Which wont be a bad thing imo. 

I was quite bummed we did not get Heyward, but now I am almost thinking Stephenson might just be potentially a better player for us overall. 

I can not wait to see him and Kemba in the backcourt together. 

Although I completely agree with you that Lance is a great signing and will be a major player for us, be careful not to read too much into youtube highlight clips. 

If the "Hive Comes Alive" like I think it might and we can get a 3 seed or better the next two years and advance in the playoffs, Lance won't be going to New York or anywhere else.

MJ runs a MKUltra program in the basement of TWCA. Lance is in nest...there is no escape.

I only understood about two-thirds of that but for some reason it got me hype.

I am solely looking at skills when I watch a highlight. Ie handle, vision, shot mechanics, etc etc. I've seen many a highlight where not much skills were present beside wide open dunks and made jumpers. Gotta know what kind of Thi go to look for.

What excites me is that he has a complete game...shooting, defense, half court offense, ball handling, etc. combined with the fact that he has the skillet to also drop 40 on any given night and that he is fearless and tough as nails.

I'm hoping that us taking a chance on him is a big factor. Think if Charlotte fans embraces him and gives him a fresh start without hanging is past over his head every time he turns around (wipe the slate clean) could also play a big factor.

Tell that to Rick (Bonnell).

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Stephenson is a complete package. From a basketball standpoint, he can do everything. He has great size and athleticism. He's still very young, yet experienced. He's the ultimate competitor & has a great work ethic.

Not saying it's gonna happen, but Stephenson has the tools to be a top 5-10 player in the NBA. I think he can develop into a superstar that is the centerpiece of a championship team.

Just by watching him play you see flashes of a great player that can do things that most players simply cannot. I don't find it hard to see why Bird & MJ love this guy so much. They were both hard workers & ultimate competitors. Just like Lance.

What excites me is that he has a complete game...shooting, defense, half court offense, ball handling, etc. combined with the fact that he has the skillet to also drop 40 on any given night and that he is fearless and tough as nails.

His shooting needs to get better for me to label him the total package. 

35% is just respectable. 

If he can shoot 40+% from 3 then he will def be the complete total package. 

Lance's problem is that he is too unselfish. We are gonna need him to look to score more for us than what he is use to or prefers to do. 

I meant to ask... but, I didnt get to see Lance's full presser b/c of buffering issues on my phone. So, was Cho asked what this meant for Hendo?

-Charlotte offers Henderson to Orlando

-Charlotte offers Henderson to Denver

-Charlotte drafts PJ Hairston

-Charlotte signs Lance Stephenson

I think it's pretty clear what it means for Henderson and how the team views him.

His shooting needs to get better for me to label him the total package.

35% is just respectable.

If he can shoot 40+% from 3 then he will def be the complete total package.

Lance's problem is that he is too unselfish. We are gonna need him to look to score more for us than what he is use to or prefers to do.

Ray Allen & Reggie Miller are arguably the two greatest 3pt shooters in basketball history. They shot .398% & .395% from 3pt, respectively, for their career.

In order for you to consider Lance a good 3pt shooter and a complete player he needs to be the greatest 3pt shooter of all time.

Brilliant analyst.

Ray Allen & Reggie Miller are arguably the two greatest 3pt shooters in basketball history. They shot .398% & .395% from 3pt, respectively, for their career.

In order for you to consider Lance a good 3pt shooter and a complete player he needs to be the greatest 3pt shooter of all time.

Brilliant analyst.

One thing to point out, Allen and Miller did that on many attempts a game. When you only take a few a game it can slightly skew your real percentages. If I had to bet id say Lance takes considerable less 3's a game than those two. 

I guess it depends on how you are looking at or defining a complete player. ie Someone that is great at everything vs. Someone who has no holes in their game. 

Outside of being more aggressive offensively, Lance doesn't have a single hole in his game. So on second thought,  I wouldnt object to someone labeled him a complete player. 

Archived