• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some thoughts on Stephenson

MedellinHeel

I gotta admit, my knowledge of Stephenson was rather limited prior to this year / offseason. All I knew was that he was a highly rated prep player who until last year never really lived up to the hype. 

The past few days I have watched every Stephenson video on youtube and damn I was quite uninformed. This guy is a complete beast of a SG prospect. His handles, passing, defending, rebounding, finishing through contact, etc is all top notch. 

I honestly have a hard time thinking of better SG prospects in the NBA id rather have. Wade and Kobe are aging and have injury concerns. 

The only reason this guy doesn't average more points is because he is too unselfish. Stephenson imo can score or get buckets at will with his handle and array of moves. Not to mention creating dimes for other teammates. He was a bit overshadowed in Indy due to West and PG. I feel like here in Cha being a top option, he will average 18-22/5/5. 

I am afraid we are gonna be giving this guy a big long term contract in 1-2 years. Which wont be a bad thing imo. 

I was quite bummed we did not get Heyward, but now I am almost thinking Stephenson might just be potentially a better player for us overall. 

I can not wait to see him and Kemba in the backcourt together. 

I think many felt that Lance is the better overall player (b/t him and Heyward), but many were gun-shy due to the character concerns. As long as those issues do not continue/get worse, we very well may have found our perfect match. We needed that additional ball handler and scorer and Lance also brings very good passing ability, defense, and rebounding. His intensity can be infectious, but so can his attitude. Let's hope the good Lance outshines the bad Lance. I think it will. I'm incredibly excited. 

I loved his game in Indy, and I think he is a great fit with this roster on the court. Off the court I still have concerns, but his potential outweighs his risk IMO.

This is a move that a place like Charlotte is wise to make, and the contract we got him with makes it a home run IMO

I think many felt that Lance is the better overall player (b/t him and Heyward), but many were gun-shy due to the character concerns. As long as those issues do not continue/get worse, we very well may have found our perfect match. We needed that additional ball handler and scorer and Lance also brings very good passing ability, defense, and rebounding. His intensity can be infectious, but so can his attitude. Let's hope the good Lance outshines the bad Lance. I think it will. I'm incredibly excited. 

Hayward is also a very good passer and rebounder (5/5) right there with Lance. The difference in them is hayward is a better shooter and Lance is a better on ball perimeter defender. 

I think with a little guidance from Jordan and our coaching staff we have an elite superstar in the making here in Charlotte. The way I'm looking at it, Jordan will be the key in this guys development since Lance is a younger version of Kobe and Jordan in regards to competiveness and also work ethic the way I see it.

The biggest thought that has been going through my head for the last week is that we only have Lance as a rental. Ultimately I see him going back home to either the Nets or the Knicks. Not only for the marketing opportunities but also I think that is the ultimate destination for where he wants to play. In his own backyard.

I think with a little guidance from Jordan and our coaching staff we have an elite superstar in the making here in Charlotte. The way I'm looking at it, Jordan will be the key in this guys development since Lance is a younger version of Kobe and Jordan in regards to competiveness and also work ethic the way I see it.

The biggest thought that has been going through my head for the last week is that we only have Lance as a rental. Ultimately I see him going back home to either the Nets or the Knicks. Not only for the marketing opportunities but also I think that is the ultimate destination for where he wants to play. In his own backyard.

That def a concern. We better hope NY teams fug up their cap or we can somehow extend Lance before he blows up. 

That def a concern. We better hope NY teams fug up their cap or we can somehow extend Lance before he blows up.

Third option: trade him for a ton of assets if he makes a destination known to management.

On the other hand, when his own team tried to lowball him and he was getting smeared for his antics in the media, Charlotte stepped up to the plate and took a chance on him. That and having Kemba in the backcourt could mean a lot.

LeBron went to Cleveland and Durant and Westbrook lasted beyond their rookie deals in OKC. Not every star has the Dwight or Melo personality (thank goodness.)

If the "Hive Comes Alive" like I think it might and we can get a 3 seed or better the next two years and advance in the playoffs, Lance won't be going to New York or anywhere else.

MJ runs a MKUltra program in the basement of TWCA.  Lance is in nest...there is no escape.

Third option: trade him for a ton of assets if he makes a destination known to management.

On the other hand, when his own team tried to lowball him and he was getting smeared for his antics in the media, Charlotte stepped up to the plate and took a chance on him. That and having Kemba in the backcourt could mean a lot.

)

I'm hoping that us taking a chance on him is a big factor. Think if Charlotte fans embraces him and gives him a fresh start without hanging is past over his head every time he turns around (wipe the slate clean) could also play a big factor.

Archived