• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gi joe

pstall

It's fuggen GI Joe, dude. If I wanted political statements, I'd spend more time in the Tinderbox (no matter you love it there so much lol).

It's a movie about a war mongering weapons provider that creates a weapon of critters that are able to eat through anything that is metal, coupled with the ability to control minds.

It was an enjoyable movie for those who aren't entirely consumed with seeing the second coming of [enter your "greatest" movie]

:thumbsup:

Decades from now, the only Star Wars movies that will be watched are the first one because it's the first one...and Empire, because it was a GREAT movie that was also a Star Wars movie. All the others, whatever their bad and good points, will be footnotes along with all the damn stupid reality shows everyone seems to like as well.

But to each his own.

Decades from now, the only Star Wars movies that will be watched are the first one because it's the first one...and Empire, because it was a GREAT movie that was also a Star Wars movie. All the others, whatever their bad and good points, will be footnotes along with all the damn stupid reality shows everyone seems to like as well.

But to each his own.

:lol:

Are you seriously comparing this to Star Wars?!?

And not to cut hairs here, but I thought you said the only movie from Star Wars that will be watched is the first one... AND Empire.

Star Wars was a great movie line that spawned a toy line. GI Joe is a toy line that spawned a movie. Totally different.

I can't wait for your critique of the My Little Pony movie... I'm sure you were a big fan of the toy :lol:

:lol:

Are you seriously comparing this to Star Wars?!?

And not to cut hairs here, but I thought you said the only movie from Star Wars that will be watched is the first one... AND Empire.

Star Wars was a great movie line that spawned a toy line. GI Joe is a toy line that spawned a movie. Totally different.

I can't wait for your critique of the My Little Pony movie... I'm sure you were a big fan of the toy :lol:

Why the hell are are paying to see movies made out of toys that had terrible TV shows? I mean, Johnny Quest - could be a great movie. It's like someone decided that Masters of the Universe would have been a fantastic feature length movie if only they had spent 10x more on effects!

I care about movies, and there are a lot of BAD ones that I enjoy - but for the cost of these things, we could have 5 or 6 better made movies with a chance to be interesting. All Hollywood will end up caring about is how many of these things can the public support a year.

Lucas had actually wanted to get the licensing for Flash Gordon, and wrote Star Wars only after he could not buy the rights. It was hard work, took forever to get the movie made, and actually almost killed him to get it done - but it was great. That is how art is made, even pop art like Star Wars. This stuff involves a lot of accounting and computer designers, with a Megan Fox thrown in to distract people a little more.

I know everyone thinks I'm a dork about this, but I don't care. I want to see great movies - Star Trek was a pretty good big action movie this year, last year Iron Man was fantastic, etc. We as an audience need to hold Hollywood to higher standards, or less and less impressive eye candy is all we are going to get from them.

Why the hell are are paying to see movies made out of toys that had terrible TV shows? I mean, Johnny Quest - could be a great movie. It's like someone decided that Masters of the Universe would have been a fantastic feature length movie if only they had spent 10x more on effects!

I care about movies, and there are a lot of BAD ones that I enjoy - but for the cost of these things, we could have 5 or 6 better made movies with a chance to be interesting. All Hollywood will end up caring about is how many of these things can the public support a year.

Lucas had actually wanted to get the licensing for Flash Gordon, and wrote Star Wars only after he could not buy the rights. It was hard work, took forever to get the movie made, and actually almost killed him to get it done - but it was great. That is how art is made, even pop art like Star Wars. This stuff involves a lot of accounting and computer designers, with a Megan Fox thrown in to distract people a little more.

I know everyone thinks I'm a dork about this, but I don't care. I want to see great movies - Star Trek was a pretty good big action movie this year, last year Iron Man was fantastic, etc. We as an audience need to hold Hollywood to higher standards, or less and less impressive eye candy is all we are going to get from them.

What I find hilarious is you're stomping your foot, huffing, puffing and taking a poo on this movie, AND YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET. That is awesome. :lol: Way to go into the movie with an open mind, Mr. "Movie Critic"

You could definitely tell is was produced by Hasbro. I espescially enjoyed the panning shots of the vehicles along with the characters saying its name and talking about it. It felt like saturday morning commercials.

"Thats the night raven! Man it looks fast.. <panning shot all around it>. All that was missing was a price at wal mart.

I tried to have an "open mind" for Transformers when I was kind of forced to go see it. I really did try to let the brain go and just take it in.

It was actually worse than I thought it would be, and it seemed to go on forever. Too many digital effects of these complicated robots = motion blur = "whats going on with all that fake metal over there?"

I'm not sitting here telling you all that the movie IS awful. In fact go and read my first sentence again.

I'm telling you that these soul numbing movies are going to be what's made for us geeks over the next few years since they make all the money, and that really pisses me off.

Why the hell are are paying to see movies made out of toys that had terrible TV shows?

Are you saying GI Joe and Transformers were terrible TV shows? Two things:

1. You're gay.

2. We must fight now (I know, fighting gay people isn't saying much, but you have insulted the 2 greatest shows of my youth).

With all of that said, your posts are now null and void.

:cool:

These shows were a little after my cartoon watching time. I thought that GI Joe was way too commercially calculated, and if you want to talk about gay, turning the manly 12" kung fu grip awesome GI Joes into little cheap ass figures was like forcing MotorHead to play Flock of Seagulls songs. Transformers might have been a little better, but I always wanted to know why if the Autobots wanted to disguise themselves, why do they have a robot logo as a hood ornament?

Archived