• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gi joe

pstall

I just finished watching it. Thought it was a fantastic movie for what it was- a live-action film that allows me to hearken back on my younger days and revel in it, soak it up and let it permeate the fanboy that is still inside of me.

SPOILERS coming.... don't read on if you don't want to know!

How the hell they could kill off Stormshadow is beyond me. They've got to figure out a twist that will have him back in the next movie, which you know there will be one.

The Baroness? Come on, she's a baddie, always will be. Keep her on the right team, producers/directors/writers. She's Destro's beyotch!

Surprisingly, Dennis Quaid didn't douche up this movie too badly

Zartan is now Mr. President. That's delicious!

I was most happy that they stayed accurate with the M.A.R.S. storyline.

So, Destro and Cobra Commander are both locked up- who wants to bet that the Baroness plays a role in getting them out? It's going to be interesting to see what Zartan does as Pres... shut down the Joe operation?

Good write up! Agree.

I thought it was awful. I felt like I was watching the bastard child of a Power Rangers movie and toy commercial. I can appreciate mindless fun, i liked transformers 2, but this movie was fuggin dreadful. At least get some decent special effects.

I thought it was awful. I felt like I was watching the bastard child of a Power Rangers movie and toy commercial. I can appreciate mindless fun, i liked transformers 2, but this movie was fuggin dreadful. At least get some decent special effects.

It's a good thing Zod is good at photography... cuz if he were to quit his day job and go movie critic on us, his kids would be out begging

I hated, hated, hated Transformers 2 and will almost certainly hate this.

It is NOT too much to ask that the big movies have the same attention to plot, acting, and all the other things that small ones have.

For an example I give you Starship Troopers.

This movie, lets face it, was pretty dumb. But it had some great subversive elements and some over the top commentary on facism, propaganda, and the idea of taking a bunch of pretty faces and sending them against giant bugs was appealing, and the movie still has a core fan base to this day. When I saw it I was really disappointed as I am a big fan of the book, but today I can see it for what it is, and what Verhoven wanted it to be. Transformers 2 had NONE of that "second layer", and I expect this to be the same. At least with the real GI Joes, once you were bored playing army, you could repurpose them naked in your sisters Barbie Dream House.

These kinds of movies are disposable, designed to be seen by zillions of kids, sell zillions of DVDs, then get lost in the home movie collection.

This movie, lets face it, was pretty dumb. But it had some great subversive elements and some over the top commentary on facism, propaganda,

It's fuggen GI Joe, dude. If I wanted political statements, I'd spend more time in the Tinderbox (no matter you love it there so much lol).

It's a movie about a war mongering weapons provider that creates a weapon of critters that are able to eat through anything that is metal, coupled with the ability to control minds.

It was an enjoyable movie for those who aren't entirely consumed with seeing the second coming of [enter your "greatest" movie]

I hated, hated, hated Transformers 2 and will almost certainly hate this.

It is NOT too much to ask that the big movies have the same attention to plot, acting, and all the other things that small ones have.

This movie, lets face it, was pretty dumb. But it had some great subversive elements and some over the top commentary on facism, propaganda, and the idea of taking a bunch of pretty faces and sending them against giant bugs was appealing, and the movie still has a core fan base to this day. When I saw it I was really disappointed as I am a big fan of the book, but today I can see it for what it is, and what Verhoven wanted it to be. Transformers 2 had NONE of that "second layer", and I expect this to be the same. At least with the real GI Joes, once you were bored playing army, you could repurpose them naked in your sisters Barbie Dream House.

These kinds of movies are disposable, designed to be seen by zillions of kids, sell zillions of DVDs, then get lost in the home movie collection.

Starship was also intentional on it's homage if you will to those 1940's propoganda films.

Total vibe and outlook.

Archived