• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gi joe

pstall

Wasn't too bad. I liked it and could see it again. Nice action and some decent humor.

Keep in mind, this is a movie about ACTION figures. I'm not looking for Michael Mann cinematography or David Mamet writing...

A good solid popcorn movie for a summer escape

You know what, I expect art? I mean, is that too much to ask for? I expect riveting emotions, tightly scripted and directed plot, and enough moments to make me wonder if I'm still alive! =)

Really, I don't understand what people are looking for when they see a big budget action film based on corny cartoons and action figures? "So now you know, and knowing's half the battle! G.I. Joe!!!" I'm with ItsNotGonnaBeAlright. If it makes me laugh, has lots of cool looking action, and hot women fighting with swaying bewbies, then I'm in.

Hopefully GI Joe has that much for me =) Please take me away from my ineffective world and put me in a place where larger than life characters can do awesome stuff for no other reason that its awesome!

My expectations for this movie:

1. Things will blow up

2. Lots of things will get shot

3. Hot women will punch each other in the face

That's about it. Will I be disappointed?

Nope. :) It was just like the cartoon, only "real life" as my kids used to say...

Loved the toys. Liked the movie. The GF and 16 yo female cousin I saw it with may have even liked it more than I did and they both are definitely not the demographic. The only part we laughed at (not with) was when Tatum says "I'M GONNA GET YOU OUTTA HERE!" in what is perhaps the worst line of acting in years.

SATURDAY AM UPDATE: With a big pricetag of $175 million, and bad buzz preceding it, G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra seemed certain to tank. For months, Paramount's claims that the movie worked fell on deaf ears. Not until the Stephen Sommers' directed pic came on tracking with incredibly high awareness among males (with scores in the 90s). Now, despite all the sniping and snarking, it's the biggest opener ever in August for a non-sequel, and the 3rd biggest August opener ever. It looks to debut for a $60.3M North American weekend after earning $22.3M today from a huge release into 4,007 theaters.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/early-box-office-g-i-joe-has-real-shot-at-20m-today-and-55m-weekend-julie-julia-looks-7-5m-today-and-20m-weekend/

I just finished watching it. Thought it was a fantastic movie for what it was- a live-action film that allows me to hearken back on my younger days and revel in it, soak it up and let it permeate the fanboy that is still inside of me.

SPOILERS coming.... don't read on if you don't want to know!

How the hell they could kill off Stormshadow is beyond me. They've got to figure out a twist that will have him back in the next movie, which you know there will be one.

The Baroness? Come on, she's a baddie, always will be. Keep her on the right team, producers/directors/writers. She's Destro's beyotch!

Surprisingly, Dennis Quaid didn't douche up this movie too badly

Zartan is now Mr. President. That's delicious!

I was most happy that they stayed accurate with the M.A.R.S. storyline.

So, Destro and Cobra Commander are both locked up- who wants to bet that the Baroness plays a role in getting them out? It's going to be interesting to see what Zartan does as Pres... shut down the Joe operation?

Loved the toys. Liked the movie. The GF and 16 yo female cousin I saw it with may have even liked it more than I did and they both are definitely not the demographic. The only part we laughed at (not with) was when Tatum says "I'M GONNA GET YOU OUTTA HERE!" in what is perhaps the worst line of acting in years.

That line was so sappy. :arf:

Archived