• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Extreme butthurt brought to you by Pacers beat writer

teeray

Larry Birds comments in that article got me really excited.

So when Lance was on, he was better than Paul George according to Bird.

That's exciting!!!

I feel like he will be better than Paul George. That means alot coming from Larry bird

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

More per year here with the opportunity to get a much larger contract if he pans out.

It was barely more per year (in relative NBA money) which certainly isn't "a hell of a lot more." And also, he said "more in the 3 season here then in Indy" so that opportunity to get a larger contract wouldn't apply to his comment of "a hell of a lot more." And he would have that same opportunity after the Pacers deal, it'd just have to wait 2 years. Reality is he came here over Indy for a reason having nothing to do with money. He essentially took the same amount on a 2 year shorter contract to play here. He is betting on himself to some degree, but there is absolutely no way "Lance is making a hell of a lot more in the 3 season here here then in Indy" as the guy I was replying to said.

It was barely more per year (in relative NBA money) which certainly isn't "a hell of a lot more." And also, he said "more in the 3 season here then in Indy" so that opportunity to get a larger contract wouldn't apply to his comment of "a hell of a lot more." And he would have that same opportunity after the Pacers deal, it'd just have to wait 2 years. Reality is he came here over Indy for a reason having nothing to do with money. He essentially took the same amount on a 2 year shorter contract to play here. He is betting on himself to some degree, but there is absolutely no way "Lance is making a hell of a lot more in the 3 season here here then in Indy" as the guy I was replying to said.

Yeah 300,000 isn't a lot more money????

What do you do for a living again??

The OPPORTUNITY for "a hell of a lot more" is the key for the reason I pointed out.

The fact is that Lance is a Hornet because and ONLY because of red flags which scared other teams away and a poor miscalculation by the Pacers in attempting to keep him there. If he doesn't blow in lebrons ear, he's signing a max extension with the Pacers and we have no shot.

There were no indications he ever wanted to leave and I don't believe he really wanted to, we were just able to draw up a contract that was in his words from the presser, in HIS "best interest."

This was a big step toward making Charlotte a viable free agent destination, but the reality is that it wasn't your typical "big name FA" courtship. It was a case of a ton of things having to fall into place leaving Charlotte and Indiana as the only competition for his services.

It got to a point where even if we had our doubts, Lance was worth taking a flier on for the right price, and as it turned out, Chos patience paid huge dividends.

He would'be made $7.6, $8.4, $8.8 the first 3 years in Indy. Compared to here where he's making $9, $9, $9.5. However, when you factor in NC vs IN taxes, he still would've brought home more money in Indy.

He took the desk because he can cash in in 3 years after the new CBA kicks in. In Indy he would've been locked up much longer.

Ummm.... How so?

The first year of Indy's offer started at like 7.6 m, then went to like 8.4 in year two. Third year team option is for about 600k more then year 3 of the Indy deal. He'll make like 2-3 mil more over these three years plus be in range for a massive pay day.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Comment above wrapped up my response perfectly

The bottom line is the Pacers made a offer they felt were both market value & financially fiscal. I don't think anybody will disagree that a max contract for Stephenson right now would be a huge gamble. Lance & his advisors know the NBA in up for a massive increase from the national TV deal(some estimates put it in the 2.5-3.0 billion per year range), so we're talking at least a BILLION dollar increase in revenue which will undoubtedly raise the cap . If Lance takes care of business he should have a opportunity to sign at least

1 Max contract & another large contract.

I think he just wanted a fresh start here.  I bet he's tired of the "blowing in the ear" jokes and story.  It'll follow him here, but at least he can start over with a new team.  Maybe he felt a bit betrayed by the way his coaches/Bird/teammates did him last year.  Not sure.   Maybe he felt he can be a bigger star here and make the team more of his than he would be able to in Indy. 

Archived