• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DT Shaun Smith released by Browns...

X-Clown

I don't know why everyone poo's themselves over players fighting.

You've got guys who're constantly taught to be amped up and aggressive and then when they cross that line in the heat of the moment they're evil and a problem, who cares?

If he can occupy space and free up Beason better than hayden or Irvin then get him in here. Find some space, it is there to be found.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

I agree.

Be aggressive, kill, destroy, maim, take no prisoners.........don't hurt anyone? Thees guys are fighting for positions. Whatever the cause I would think some sort of clause in his contract might be a deterent enough to control his anger.

i would keep an watchful eye out for splitting of the locker room. Otherwise I say go for it.

Go Panthers

I think we have to bring him in for a workout. If he does great then give him a contract for the veteran minimum. I think this is one of the rare opportunities we'll have to get someone of his calibre. Yeah, they'll be some DTs cut at roster trim down, but realistically, anyone worth a crud isn't going to be cut in the first one and the last cut is just before the regular season. If the team gambles and then there's no one to choose from at that point, chances are Smith will already be signed by another team.

First of all, you should know you can't put food out around 325lb+ linemen, and expect them not to eat. Can't blame him for that either. :D

If your paying him over 100K you should. If he dose not have the restrant to do what he is told then he is def not what we are looking for. Besides he is no superstar or anything. Just a role player.

If your paying him over 100K you should. If he dose not have the restrant to do what he is told then he is def not what we are looking for. Besides he is no superstar or anything. Just a role player.

First of all, I was being sarcastic, and secondly, how much you are paying someone has nothing to do with it. You expect your employees to perform no matter what.

It's not like out here in the real world. You pay them to do a job whether it is 5 bucks and hour, or 100,000 an hour, you as the boss still want the job done. So...silly statement.

I know that is how I would be no matter what I was paying someone. You have to understand that pay scale isn't "us" out here in the real world.

So....who do you suggest, that chicken in your avatar, or the dude in mine for the position?? :D :cheers2:

The old adage of "one man's trash is another man's treasure" works perfectly in this situation. One thing I like about this situation is that Smith is probably a little ticked off about being released, one guy from the Browns says that he was a good friend and that he was shocked. He will have a chip on his shoulder and is definitely a better option than Hayden and is further along than Irvin or Favorite. This is a no brainer to me, bring him in now so he can get some reps!!!

Unless I am mistaken, if the Panthers were to sign him to the vet min or a little above it then he would not count against the cap. Only the top 35 (that number may not be correct so if I'm wrong please correct it) contracts count agaisnt the cap. So as long as Shaun Smith's contract was less then 35 other contracts then he would be free as far as the cap is concerned.

Archived