• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DT Shaun Smith released by Browns...

X-Clown

He has more talent than Kemo, and he's not going to be too terribly expensive.

If Trgovac was still our DC I would expect to see him in camp for evaluation at some point. But who knows how Meeks wants to do things? They may want to go with a one-technique guy instead of another Kemo clone...

You can't blame him for leaving the locker room while the team is meeting to stuff his face? Obviously the Saints did as they cut him just a short while after that.

He was a 23 year old child who was on the inactive list. A dumb move, but I've heard of far worse transgressions. I doubt that was the reason for the cut, but everyone knows that the Saints are geniuses when it comes to personnel decisions, so we better just trust you on this.:cool::rolleyes:

Well he also punched Quinn as a 25 or 26 year old starter. Considering the Panthers situation though, he is probably worth a look even with all the stupid things he has done. I mean, it would only be a one year deal so it's not like you're stuck with the guy.

Well he also punched Quinn as a 25 or 26 year old starter. Considering the Panthers situation though, he is probably worth a look even with all the stupid things he has done. I mean, it would only be a one year deal so it's not like you're stuck with the guy.
Well, I wasn't trying to pick at your POV cause you have a point. I was just being a smartazz. I agree with the 1 year viewpoint. Fact is, we now need at least one strong starter at DT, and we have no game proven candidates. I think something will happen before the regular season opener, but it's never too early to start looking.

I don't know why everyone poo's themselves over players fighting.

You've got guys who're constantly taught to be amped up and aggressive and then when they cross that line in the heat of the moment they're evil and a problem, who cares?

If he can occupy space and free up Beason better than hayden or Irvin then get him in here. Find some space, it is there to be found.

Go for it. Like one poster said already, a change of scenery could work wonders for him. Hell, I didn't hear Jets fans complain about Jenkins any this past season. And if he does cause trouble, so be it. One and done. The Panthers will always be seen as the small town, little fan base, talented club in the Bible Belt if that's the way we always act. It's time we take risks here and there, Jerry. It's time we stop being the Cardiac Cats (you want to be the Steelers. They're not underdogs), and it's time we step up and be the elite team we should be. The dude has talent, we have a need for DT. It's worth the gamble if you ask me.

Now, could we even afford him, that's the next question.

Archived