• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DT Shaun Smith released by Browns...

X-Clown

RANDY COVITZ The Kansas City Star

Priest Holmes, who was seen eating nachos in an Arrowhead suite, wasn't the only inactive player who was enjoying stadium hospitality last week.

As their New Orleans Saints teammates huddled in the locker room before last week's game at Atlanta, defensive tackles Johnathan Sullivan and Shaun Smith unexpectedly showed up at the media pregame meal in the Georgia Dome press box.

Smith and Sullivan, who were both inactive, were said to be looking for sunflower seeds,...

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=KC&p_theme=kc&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=106D18832E0E55E2&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

Sounds awesome.

Yasinskas on smith for the panthers

The questions about Carolina's potential interest in Shaun Smith are coming into the mailbag at a very fast pace. I would expect nothing less because this is a very legitimate question. With Maake Kemoeatu out for the season, let's be real honest and say the Panthers are desperate for defensive tackle help. Nick Hayden can be a role player and rookie Corvey Irvin has some potential, but the Panthers don't want to have to count on either one in a starting role. They're going to look at all options and I think Smith is the first of many. I think it's a safe bet that coach John Fox and general manager Marty Hurney will at least discuss Smith. Yes, it's very true that owner Jerry Richardson usually stays clear of guys who have been in trouble and Smith reportedly punched Brady Quinn. But desperate times call for desperate measures and the Panthers may consider bending their rules a bit. Keep in mind, they've kept receiver Steve Smith around and he's had at least three reported altercations with teammates. Now, Steve Smith is a much better player than Shaun Smith. But the Panthers have to consider this one and figure out if the risk is worth the potential reward.

Not just no but HELL no. This guy is crazy! They had to tell him to not eat at the ATL Owners box and he still did!!!! I cant blame the guy for punching Quinn though.

First of all, you should know you can't put food out around 325lb+ linemen, and expect them not to eat. Can't blame him for that either. :D

First of all, you should know you can't put food out around 325lb+ linemen, and expect them not to eat. Can't blame him for that either. :D

You can't blame him for leaving the locker room while the team is meeting to stuff his face? Obviously the Saints did as they cut him just a short while after that.

You can't blame him for leaving the locker room while the team is meeting to stuff his face? Obviously the Saints did as they cut him just a short while after that.

Oh...didn't know that part of the story. :rofl: That is just flat out sorry ain't it. :D

No...I wouldn't like that at all. Thanks for filling me in on this. :cheers2:

Archived