• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great read on Lance and future of Hornets & Indy

teeray

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/lance-stephenson-hornets-pacers-eastern-conference/

This is a good read. Shows how important Lance was to Indy's offense, talks about some of the negatives Stephenson may bring. And talks in depth about how this affects the Pacers, the Hornets, and the landscape of the Eastern Conference.

It also talks about why this was a good bet for the Hornets.

i feel like alot of the national media is writing that this signing is a bigger blow to indy than an upgrade to us.  I couldnt disagree more, lance fits with the defense first persona this team has embraced since clifford showed up and if you look at his stats you might be suprised that he shoots the 3 at a higher clip than hayward did.... the best thing that ever happend to us was utah matching that contract to gordon, that deal is a albatros.

2017-18 Charlotte Hornets:

PG- Kemba Walker, 27

SG- Lance Stephenson, 27

SF- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, 24

PF- Noah Vonleh, 22

C-- Al Jefferson, 32

6th- PJ Hairston, 25

That's a potential lineup after 3 years when Lance potentially gets paid big bucks. If those guys develop & reach their potential, we'll have championship team that's still ridiculously young, yet experienced. Only uncertainty would be Big Al. Not sure we would be able to pay all those guys & keep Jefferson.

Michael Jordan swung for the fences when he bought the team & gutted the roster. Not sure if he's gonna hit a home run or strike out, but he took one hell of a swing.

You know what becomes more awesome each and every day? The hiring of Steve Clifford. This could prove to be the best signing of all if he can continue to mold these players into pieces that fit his system and he gets the buy in and respect from pros that few NBA coaches can get.

i feel like alot of the national media is writing that this signing is a bigger blow to indy than an upgrade to us.  I couldnt disagree more, lance fits with the defense first persona this team has embraced since clifford showed up and if you look at his stats you might be suprised that he shoots the 3 at a higher clip than hayward did.... the best thing that ever happend to us was utah matching that contract to gordon, that deal is a albatros.

Why would you be surprised when it's been said a thousand times (by me) over the past few weeks?

I think the problem with Lance is that he thinks he's better than he is and I'm not sure who in Charlotte will keep him in line other than Al. This is another take on Lance, someone who is super talented but NBA history says will flame out and burn his bridges http://hamcj.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/lance-stephenson/

I hear that Michael Jordan guy commands quite a bit of respect around the league.

Archived