• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Hornets matchup against Top Teams in East

bLACKpANTHER

I don't think Irving is better than Kemba, outside of Irving's mid-range and perimeter game I wouldn't trade a single aspect of Walker's game for Irving's.

Don't get me wrong, Irving is a great young player and premier offensive threat but outside of that he's just an average player.

The problem is that the younger generation (and the media) places so much emphasis on offense that they forget that there are other parts of the game.

I don't think Irving is better than Kemba outside of Irving's mid-range and perimeter game I wouldn't trade a single aspect of Walker's game for Irving's.

man...i love you...

but who gets to the rack like KI?  nobody, right!  and when i say nobody, i mean maybe a heathy D-Rose from like 3 years ago (mvp).

so.......you freely admit KI is better in MidRange, perimeter, and then anybody with brains knows KI's better with the ball in his hands, and at the basket, so where exactly is kemba better?  honest question?  

man...i love you...

but who gets to the rack like KI? nobody, right! and when i say nobody, i mean maybe a heathy D-Rose from like 3 years ago (mvp).

so.......you freely admit KI is better in MidRange, perimeter, and then anybody with brains knows KI's better with the ball in his hands, and at the basket, so where exactly is kemba better? honest question?

Kemba is just as good with the ball in his hands and he's much better in the clutch. He's not as flashy as Irving but he's one of the best point guards in the league at creating his own shot. I'd also like to point out that Kemba gets to the rim just as frequently as Irving (33%), Irving is just a better finisher at the rim (54% to 49%).

However, Kemba is a better distributor (which is sad), he's a better rebounder, he's a better defender, he's a better leader, and he's a better winner.

If Kemba shot the ball better from the field people would be ranking him as a top five point guard in the NBA.

OMG so much homerism in this thread.

Hornets are at most 4th best in the improving East. They've got an improving but average for a starter PG, a SF with an incredibly limited offensive game, a big fuging question mark at PF, and no depth at the center position. They excel with coaching (I'll take Cliff over everyone in the east outside of Thib). They've only got 2 starters that are above average starters in the league, though both are very good players (LS and AJ).

Miami, Chicago, and Cleveland are all better. Depending on which Indy shows up, they probably are too. Nets have aging talent but talent. Toronto returns their talent. Washington looks to take a step forward with John Wall running the point.

I'll bookmark this post and come back to it in February when the offseason optimism has long worn off.

If Kemba shot the ball better from the field people would be ranking him as a top five point guard in the NBA.

This is absolutely true. But his shooting is atrocious and his end game decision making just as bad.

If MKG shot the ball better, he would also be a top five SF in the league. If Biz shot the ball better, he would be a top ten center.

Difference between Kemba and those in the second list is that those in the second list know they can't shoot and stay within the game plan.

Kemba is just as good with the ball in his hands and he's much better in the clutch. He's not as flashy as Irving but he's one of the best point guards in the league at creating his own shot. I'd also like to point out that Kemba gets to the rim just as frequently as Irving (33%), Irving is just a better finisher at the rim (54% to 49%).

However, Kemba is a better distributor (which is sad), he's a better rebounder, he's a better defender, he's a better leader, and he's a better winner.

alright, my friend.  i'm tipsy off wild turkey and i still can't tell if you are arguing as a homer or as a dumbass.  you have done well.  i will never clown on a fellow friend.  

you and i are one in the same.  

i'm still waiting for anyone to make a real claim on KI v KW. irving is that dude. you know, i know, we all know if we could make that trade, straight up, we would do it yesterday!

and i'll say it for the 1000th time...that doesn't make kemba anything close to a bad player. just that KI would look nice running the show in Charlotte.

3yr Career-

stats- Fg%, Pts, Reb, Ast, Stl, Blk, Tov

Kemba- 40%, 16.0, 3.7, 5.5, 1.4, 0.4, 2.2

Kyrie---- 44%, 20.7, 3.7, 5.8, 1.4, 0.4, 3.0

Kemba- 9 games missed

Kyrie--- 49 games missed

Kemba- 4.9 Defensive W/S

Kyrie---- 3.9 Defensive W/S

Kemba- 1 year, $3,272,091

Kyrie--- 5 years, $90,000,000

Kyrie is a better scorer and gets all the media hype. However, he also turns the ball over more, is an inferior defensive player, is nowhere near the leader, misses far more games to injury, and has an incredibly higher cap hit.

It's right there in front of you. I just explained why Kemba is just as good as Kyrie right now, and is a better value. Continue to ignore facts and tell "but Kyrie is a star!"

3yr Career-

stats- Fg%, Pts, Reb, Ast, Stl, Blk, Tov

Kemba- 40%, 16.0, 3.7, 5.5, 1.4, 0.4, 2.2

Kyrie---- 44%, 20.7, 3.7, 5.8, 1.4, 0.4, 3.0

Kemba- 9 games missed

Kyrie--- 49 games missed

Kemba- 4.9 Defensive W/S

Kyrie---- 3.9 Defensive W/S

Kemba- 1 year, $3,272,091

Kyrie--- 5 years, $90,000,000

Kyrie is a better scorer and gets all the media hype. However, he also turns the ball over more, is an inferior defensive player, is nowhere near the leader, misses far more games to injury, and has an incredibly higher cap hit.

It's right there in front of you. I just explained why Kemba is just as good as Kyrie right now, and is a better value. Continue to ignore facts and tell "but Kyrie is a star!"

but cut hendo and eat his 12M  booyahhh.  i know what i'm talking bout.  get off me!!!! lol   

you dumb fug.  

Cleveland:

Kemba ==== Kyrie

Lance >>>>> Waiters

MKG <<<<<< Lebron

Marv >>>>>> Thompson

Al >>>>>>>> Varejo

(Biz, Hendo, Neal, Zeller, Vonleh, PJ) <<<< (Wiggins, Bennett, Mike Miller, James Jones)

Cleveland has the upper hand now, and if they land Kevin Love they will be the favorite to come out of the East.

Chicago:

Kemba <<<< D.Rose

Lance >>>>> Butler

MKG >>>>>> Dunleavey

Marv <<<<<< Gasol

Al ======== Noah

(Biz, Hendo, Neal, Zeller, Vonleh, PJ) <<<< (Taj, Snell, Hinrich, Teh Jimmer)

Chicago is interesting because we match up really well with them (without Rose). If they are healthy and we are playing our best, we have a punchers chance.

Indiana:

Kemba >>>> Hill

Lance >>>>> Miles

MKG <<<<<< George

Marv <<<<<< West

Al >>>>>>>> Hibbert

(Biz, Hendo, Neal, Zeller, Vonleh, PJ) <<<< (Scola, Mahinmi, CJ Watson, Chris Copeland)

Indy will have to hope Hibbert returns to from and Paul George takes another step forward or else they might be 1-and-Done.

Washington:

Kemba === Wall

Lance ==== Beal

MKG >>>>> Pierce

Marv <<<<< Nene

Al >>>>>>> Gortat

(Biz, Hendo, Neal, Zeller, Vonleh, PJ) >>>> (Blair, Humphries, Gooden, Webster, Andre Miller, Otto Porter)

This team is deep with talent. They might be the 2nd best in the East if Rose isn't healthy. We match up well with them too but this might be our rival for the next few years gentlemen. I live here in the area and I don't understand why the city doesn't support this team. (Maybe a name change needs to happen?)

Toronto:

Kemba <<< Lowry

Lance ==== Derozen

MKG >>>>> T.Ross

Marv ===== Patterson

Al >>>>>>> Valanciunes

(Biz, Hendo, Neal, Zeller, Vonleh, PJ) <<<< (Landry Fields, Amir Johnson, Lou Williams, Hansbrough, Vasquez)

I think our matchups with this team favor us tremendously.

Miami:

Kemba >>> Chalmers

Lance >>>> Wade

MKG <<<<< Deng

Marv ===== McBob

Al >>>>>>> Bosh

(Biz, Hendo, Neal, Zeller, Vonleh, PJ) >>>> (Napier, Haslem, Granger, Cole)

It's all downhill from here for the Heat. When you have to rely on Wade and Haslem to get you quality minutes at this stage of their careers- it's doom and gloom im afraid.

Are these solely based off of potential? Bc right now, Dunleavy>MKG, Pierce>MKG, West>Marvin. 

but cut hendo and eat his 12M booyahhh. i know what i'm talking bout. get off me!!!! lol

you dumb fug.

Do after being presented with facts you have no argument and have resorted to bringing up something completely unrelated and personal attacks. Wonderful.

right now, tonight!!!!  KI or kemba?!!??   tell me who you got?!!

get the fug out of here,...if you say kemba i will slap you in your lying ass face!!!

All I know is that we repetitively beat Clevelands ass last year with Kemba running the show against Kyrie.

But wins and losses don't count right?

Do after being presented with facts you have no argument and have resorted to bringing up something completely unrelated and personal attacks. Wonderful.

so you can't refute that you were saying to cut henderson loser earlier?  yea, didn't think you could.  

when you speak dumbass, don't be upset when other folks remember what you said from before, and don't take you seriously from hence forward.  

Archived