• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Hornets matchup against Top Teams in East

bLACKpANTHER

17th is about right. I felt like he was right about average for nba starters last season. I think his ceiling is right at top ten.

The comparison with Kyrie Irving should be used to show that Kyrie is overrated, not that kemba is underrated.

but in the comparison of stats kyrie is 6th in the league.  gonna have to find another stat to fit this kyrie is overrated agenda.  

Please nobody feed this Greg Hardy AK47 troll. So obvious that he is a complete loser who considers trolling a Hornets sub-forum as good use of his entire Friday night.

Oh and anyone who is really drunk and then wastes his buzz on the Internet to talk marginal sports opinion on a Friday night is officially a social pariah.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You make me feel like a lesser fan when you say "sub forum."

This is the Hornets FORUM.

I might take Kemba over Kyrie, but that doesn't mean Kyrie isn't better. Kemba Walker seems to care more about winning and gives more effort then kyrie does on the court. Plus he doesn't get injured frequently like Irving does.

Kyrie has a better skill set, and would probably win in a game of 1 on 1. However, Kemba has a more leadership type attitude and will probably be considered more of a winner then Kyrie Irving will 10 years from now.

Compare Rajon Rondo to Chris Paul or Deron Williams. Williams and Paul put up big stats but have never won anything major, while Rondo is considered more of a winner despite smaller numbers.

Umm Chris Paul is a winner. He's won quite a bit more on the pro level that either kemba or Kyrie. And he won more in college outside of that run UCONN had in the tourney.

Put Chris Paul on this team and they win the East.

Did you really just say Chris Paul won more in college than Kemba Walker? Wow. That is the stupidest thing I've read in this forum, and that's saying a lot.

Paul never won the ACC and never got past the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament.

Kemba won the Big East Tournament and made the Final Four twice, winning the championship in 2011.

Kemba averaged 24 Pts, 5 Reb, 5 Ast in 2011.

Paul's best year at WF was 15 Pts, 5 Reb, 6 Ast.

Of course Paul has won more in the NBA, he's played 3x as many seasons. But he still hasn't won anything and is by no means a winner. He's played 9 years and has only won 2 playoff series, never advancing past the 2nd rd.

I'm not sure why Kemba vs Kyrie is even being debated. I haven't read all the pages of posts, but I figured I'd offer my input. 

Kemba is a solid young PG and we are blessed to have him. Anyone who says otherwise is lost. However if you think that Kemba is better or even on par with Kyrie then I just don't know what to tell you. Kyrie is the better finisher, has the better mid range shot, better 3pt shot, better handles (although it's somewhat close), is bigger and just the better pure scorer. Kemba is about equal with him when it comes to passing ability in my opinion and has better intangibles. Kemba also has a tendency to stay healthy while Kyrie get injured a decent amount (except last season where he was relatively healthy). 

I'm just not sure what there is to debate. Kyrie had his worst year as a pro probably and it's still better than Kemba's best year as a pro (2012-2013). Kyrie shot 43% this season (his worst), while Kemba shot 39% this season (his best was 42% in 2012-2013). Their assists are a wash, but both have plenty of room to improve. Kyrie has never had much talent around him, but neither has Kemba, other than Big Al, and honestly Big Al doesn't get you assists. Kyrie is a bigger and better version of Kemba. Their shot selection is very similar but Kyrie is more efficient everywhere on the court. 

Kemba is one of my 5 favorite players in the NBA, but Kyrie is definitely a tick above him right now.

Sometimes you have to use the eye test and the eye test tells you that CP3 is better than Walker.

I pray that no one tries to argue that.

Paul is obviously much better than Kemba as a pro, but Kemba was better in college.

And to say Paul won more than Kemba in college is completely asinine.

Archived